need some more sound

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
This brings to mind a drop-dead gorgeous young lady who used to attend the HSTA rallies. (She's probably a drop-dead gorgeous forty-something now...) She had a t-shirt that read "The Louder the Pipe, the Smaller the Penis."

troystr68

Troyster
best thing i ever did was put two brothers exhaust on my 2009 ST I love it!!!
i rode it twice stock
once the day i bought it
Went home ordered the new exhaust
once on the way to have them installed
Love them

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
best thing i ever did was put two brothers exhaust on my 2009 ST I love it!!!
Funny... the best thing I ever did was take the two brothers exhaust off my ST11... after 6 months of noise, I could stand it no longer. The relative silence of the OEM exhaust was so nice!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm in Paradise California.
Were you in Paradise during Camp Fire? That must have been horrific.

The relative silence of the OEM exhaust was so nice!
I understand that everybody has their preference and I'm not knock any but I really like a quiet exhaust these days. Every now and then I hear a car or bike with a great sounding exhaust note but then remember what it was like living with high dBAs runnin' round through my helmet. Relative Silence is how I roll.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Sure, motorcycles need to be louder like fart pipes on econo-boxes need to be even more annoying.

Were you in Paradise during Camp Fire? That must have been horrific.

Yes, I was living in Paradise but happened to be out of town for the fire. We're one of the 10% whose houses survived.

I understand that everybody has their preference and I'm not knock any but I really like a quiet exhaust these days. Every now and then I hear a car or bike with a great sounding exhaust note but then remember what it was like living with high dBAs runnin' round through my helmet. Relative Silence is how I roll.
I'm with you on the quiet. My last bike was 1800 cc's of Incredibly Loud Noise. The kind that sets of car alarms. I tried to quiet it with baffles but in the end I let someone else who likes noise buy it (who fortunately lives many miles away). Nothing wrong with a little Jetson noise.

I bought a pair of cheap "motorcycle mufflers" on Amazon and bought some pipe and had my local muffler guy bend it up a little and wrapped it in a red fiberglass to prevent over heating the plastic bags right above it. Personally I like the sound it makes. Doesn't scream like a street bike at 14k but makes up for it with a ton of "exhaust flash" under decel (some call it back fire but that implies a lot more than what is happening here[too much air in the exhaust]). Simply, It's loud. But at times when I try to ride at night it's too loud. I JUST put the stock back on as I plan to add a radio... been on a day and I don't like it. I want something in between. Anyone ever try modifying the stock muffler. I'm willing to try with yalls help. However I don't know what a cross section of it looks like at all so I have not the slightest where start.

My dad has said that on his Goldwing they drilled holes in the rear of it and it gave it a deeper sound. Which these are very similar mufflers.

Any existing known ways to modify them please message me.

Attachments

Top Bottom