need some more sound

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
The neighbor across the street from me (I call him "Jacka*s Junior"... his dad is "Jacka*s Senior") has a Hemi Ram pickup with cat-delete straight pipes, no mufflers, and those stupid drain pipe-sized exhaust tips. I know exactly when he comes and goes, and he does it all hours of the day and night.
....wouldn't it be unfortunate if a potato was jammed up both pipes....late some night?

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
@MaxPete - I know this isn't very proper, but I've actually given serious thought to two cans of expanding spray foam, one up each tail pipe. Shoot it waaay up in there, so it's not easy to spot.

Or a nice drink of water in the gas tank. Something classy, like a bottle of Evian. No need to be uncivilized.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Some don't realize that the volume of the exhaust is tied directly to the right wrist. The stock exhaust can piss off neighbors at 8K RPM also. :rolleyes:

And if I found out my neighbor shoved potatoes or spray foam in my exhaust, they'd be having said items surgically removed from their own "personal tail pipe". :mw1:

OP
OP
Welcome from WA STate!! Try a set of Two Bro's exhaust pipes... Good sound and you loose about 20# off the bike.....
And they look good too...
IMG_20190619_203154.jpg
Man i love that seat and rear box i ride solo but have dual seat my crotch stays in the tank and get very uncomfortable . Were can i get one of these and can i get it to were it will get me lower to ground
?? You mean you don't know that Europe is a continent?

Why do you want your motorcycle to be louder?
I like a loud bike so it pisses off the liberals when they see the 2 50 caliper judge pistals strapped on the sides

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Welcome from West Tennessee. When you swap out the exhaust don't modify the orignal exhaust because looking at your age you only have a few more years until all that changes .Then the orignals will go back on. You can sale your slip ons to the next 45 year old guy that buys a ST since they run for ever.:rofl1:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I like a loud bike so it pisses off
So just drop off the exhaust. I did for one afternoon. Working on the bike, needed a test ride, didn't mount mufflers.

Bike was fairly quiet until about 4k rpm... then it was a hooligan!

ColinW1981

Site Supporter
Bike
'06 ST1300A
STOC #
Well, it's your hearing loss. Good hearing aids start at $2500 and go up. And forget holding your sweetie and whispering sweet nothings. Actually I do have severe hearing loss, joys of going to war. And yes, I do miss the the string guitars on Hotel California...but hey, it's a free country (sort of) go ahead and lose that hearing...just so you can feel 'cool'...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Actually I do have severe hearing loss,
Mine is only in one ear. There was a time when I like loudER pipes though not really loud. I've never been one of those 'loud pipes save lives' goofballs. But when helmets became mandatory I noticed that wind noise was much louder when wearing a helmet. And not so oddly so was engine and exhaust noise.

So stock pipes and earplugs for me. Hearing loss is permanent and worse – accumulative. Then there's the round the clock tinnitus. Great fun.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Well, it's your hearing loss. Good hearing aids start at $2500 and go up. And forget holding your sweetie and whispering sweet nothings. Actually I do have severe hearing loss, joys of going to war. And yes, I do miss the the string guitars on Hotel California...but hey, it's a free country (sort of) go ahead and lose that hearing...just so you can feel 'cool'...
When I was doing sound systems it was so uncool to wear ear plugs at a concert.

30 years later... so happy I did! Hearing aides are even less cool then the plugs were!!

Last edited:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Man i love that seat and rear box i ride solo but have dual seat my crotch stays in the tank and get very uncomfortable . Were can i get one of these and can i get it to were it will get me lower to ground
That is a Corbin seat and Corbin Smuggler trunk. Seat is heated and I use the highest setting on the seat height. And the pipes are not that loud. In fact when riding, I can barely hear them. But I have the power tips mounted on the pipes and it takes a few decibels off the sound. T

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
When I was doing sound systems it was so uncool to wear ear plugs at a concert.

30 years later... so happy I did! Hearing aides are even less cool then the plugs were!!
I don't know anybody who even thought of wearing earplugs at a concert. Well there was Jack Bruce. I used to go to concerts and get right up to the stage and shoot pics.

You can't do that these days and I'm surprised it/I was allowed then. I used a Canon SLR and a Stroboflash II - a monster of a strobe with a separate battery pack. I feel kind of bad thinking bad knowing I might have ruined a lot night vision for a week.

Anyway standing in front of stacked Marshalls etc for most of the concerts was not smart. But I had pics (by accident) of Bruce with cotton in his ears. We all laughed at that. If only I knew then...

Well there was Jack Bruce. I used to go to concerts and get right up to the stage and shoot pics.
I had a photo pass to three large venues in Houston way back when ...backstage was always interesting.

Was Jack with Cream during your shoot?

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
I wouldn't touch the stock pipes. The main benefit of changing to a aftermarket exhaust would be the loss of heat from loosing the cats and the decrease. in weight . I have a full review in the exhaust section on The Delkevic 18" stainless pipes. Not even loud but a low growl at low rpm and quiet at cruising speeds. If you don't have a problem with the heat I would stick with stock,
MIKE

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
"You can have my sweet aftermarket exhaust when you pry them from my cold dead hands", unless I have something else much louder in my cold dead hands you'd have to pry out also.

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Best sounding ST I new was mine... coming into Death Valley on 190 there is about a 10 mile long downhill grade. Shut off the engine and listen to some Dire Straits through the earbuds.
I did da same on one of the mountain road in Colorado. :rofl1:

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Hello
Glad to be a part of this group been learning alot by reading previous post. I just got a 2003 st1300 pan europen not sure what the european is ???? I love the bike but it feels like it pushes in cruves and tipsi on the freeway from what my Honda 750 Cruiser does . I REALLY LIKE MORE SOUND FROM STOCK has anyone ever cut the oem mufflers and try to gut them some
One of my neighbor living 4 blocks away ride a Hardley Davidson with a set of straight pipes I knew him very well, he leaving for work every morning at 4:30am all summer long. If he ride closer to some of those cars that parked by the side of roads the alarm would kicking. Many people are bitching about him. Because I ride ST and knew him well, few people in the neighborhood has approached me asked me if i could go tell that ignorant neighbor biker not to ride his hardley at 4:30am. :rofl1: I told them to man-up go do it yourself or go by his house with a car/truck without muffler at midnight every nights that could send some message? :rofl1:

Hello
Glad to be a part of this group been learning alot by reading previous post. I just got a 2003 st1300 pan europen not sure what the european is ???? I love the bike but it feels like it pushes in cruves and tipsi on the freeway from what my Honda 750 Cruiser does . I REALLY LIKE MORE SOUND FROM STOCK has anyone ever cut the oem mufflers and try to gut them some
I have a pair of Two Brothers mufflers that sound really nice - if you are interested.

Attachments

Top Bottom