New Guzzi Sport Tourer

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
This may be a really nice lighter weight tourer coming from Moto Guzzi. For those who don't want a chain drive but are looking for a new bike in the future. It is also liquid cooled. I think it is 1000cc. Nice looking bike. There are some nice closeups in the video. The design looks very clean and simple to get to everything on the engine and suspension. It has an electric windshield as well as some type of vents or air wings that are deployable.

Last edited:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Thanks a lot Dan...I was torn between a new AT or a MG, now I'm lusting after one of these! :rofl1:
If this one comes to the states, I may have to get one.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Not a bad looking bike at all. I see "sport" but I don't see "tourer". It would be nice to see it in tourer kit.

One of the comments:

Thank goodness, a new motorcycle that DOESN’T look like an insect.

YEAH baby! I wish M-G had a larger/wider network around here. After owning a '74 Duc I'm not crazy about much DIY for a bike that only had an Italian owner's manual.

Not crazy about the "center stand" being optional.

Last edited:
Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
the bike looks great to me, but I agree with the previous comment that suggests there's not all that much "tourer" there. That small passenger seat and rear subframe doesn't look like its ready to have some hard luggage bolted to it, does it? I travel as light as anyone, but that's not looking too promising for a 2-week trip.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
the bike looks great to me, but I agree with the previous comment that suggests there's not all that much "tourer" there. That small passenger seat and rear subframe doesn't look like its ready to have some hard luggage bolted to it, does it? I travel as light as anyone, but that's not looking too promising for a 2-week trip.
That would depend on how a person is comfortable traveling.
IMG-M.jpg

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I'm crushing on the V85TT, but I'm probably too cheap to buy anything that's not older than my high school senior.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
That would depend on how a person is comfortable traveling.
IMG-M.jpg
yeah, I wasn't referring to time travel, as that picture seems to suggest.

But seriously, there's a big difference between the area behind the driver's seat on that bike, and the Guzzi, you'd never be able to pack all that stuff on the Guzzi the way its arranged on that bike.

BTW, is the tail/brake light even visible on the bike in the picture? Could be in for a rear-ending that would redistribute all that gear, although with drum brakes front and rear maybe that's not a big risk after all.

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I hear what you are saying but the Yamaha Tracer is a popular Sport Tourer and is very similar in design. I'm quite sure that MG will be making hard cases, racks and mounts for these. They pretty much have to.

1631569362130.png

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I hear what you are saying but the Yamaha Tracer is a popular Sport Tourer and is very similar in design. I'm quite sure that MG will be making hard cases, racks and mounts for these. They pretty much have to.
yeah, that would change my opinion entirely, but since they're not shown in any pictures we'll have to wait and see if and when they become available.

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
o_O Sorry guys; but That is not what I call a sport tourer! no bags, a thumb nail for a wind screen, no room for a passenger! Does this bike whisper to you " oh yeah lets do 500 miles on back roads today"? A Sport Tourer should be comfortable enough for two up all day long spirited riding. especially for those over 55 years old.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
I always laughed at those chopper-building shows , what good are they when the seats are minimal , they had no saddlebags , tail trunk , windshield , rear suspension , etc. But they had a chase vehicle and /or trailer and a nad-bruising , ground-pounding engine ! Did I mention hearing damage & pounding headache also ? !

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
o_O Sorry guys; but That is not what I call a sport tourer! no bags, a thumb nail for a wind screen, no room for a passenger! Does this bike whisper to you " oh yeah lets do 500 miles on back roads today"? A Sport Tourer should be comfortable enough for two up all day long spirited riding. especially for those over 55 years old.
Well I'm pushing 65 and I've done 500+ mile 12 hour days on my Africa Twin in comfort on mountain twisty roads and freeways and I don't see any reason I could not do the same thing on this bike as it is in many ways similar as far as size, riding position and wind coverage etc. Put some bags on it and a bit taller windscreen and perhaps a better seat - it would work well. I would not hesitate to take it on a multi state ride. The idea of Sport Touring is trending to smaller and lighter more universal bikes similar to the Yamaha Tracer and this bike seems to be a similar bike.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I think they've been using that V-twin design and drive shafts for about 100 years. They were air cooled before. This one is suppose to be water cooled. Also the exhaust pipes are on the side. Before they were on the front of the block.

Top Bottom