New Guzzi Sport Tourer

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Will definitely want to test ride this! I hope the pillion pegs aren't too high up.
Throw some panniers and a top box on it, and a larger screen and I think you just might have something!
Would be a competitor against the upcoming NT1100, and I would lean toward the MG for the shaft drive if Honda fails to deliver that on the NT.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Next iteration will have a high front fender and knobby tires and will be categorized as MG's new Adventure bike. Surprised they didn't do this initially, given the market trend today.

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
My Breva 750 was kind of rough for vibrations. It was only a 5 speed though, maybe an extra gear would have helped.

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
Great looking bike IMO. Shaft drive puts it in the touring category for me. I was initially put off by the small windshield, but after seeing the videos, it doesn't look too bad in the upright position. I would love to try this out!

TPadden

Tom Padden
It looks like someone cut an ST engine in half crosswise.
Come on man ... the engine looks like Honda's first V-Twin motorcycle in the U.S: a 1978 CX-500 predating the ST by a good 12 years. :rolleyes:

1978: Honda Builds A V-Twin For The Masses
Honda's first V-twin street motorcycle in the U.S. is the 1978 CX500. With a transversely mounted 500cc liquid-cooled V-twin featuring a pushrod-actuated four-valve head and a maintenance-free driveshaft, the CX500 is an instant success with riders. Together with the subsequent introductions of the custom-style CX500C and deluxe CX500D models, the CX500 series tallies more than 96,000 retail sales through 1982.

It morphed into the GL500/650 in 1983... :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Next iteration will have a high front fender and knobby tires and will be categorized as MG's new Adventure bike. Surprised they didn't do this initially, given the market trend today.
I was thinking the same thing but if they did release an ADV model first it could kill the sales of their V85 until the bike was in production. I expect we will see the ADV version of this bike in the future.

Bike
2000 ST1100
I like the look of these things but there is always a but. I would want a bigger wind screen and a set of color matched hard bags and more than a lot more Guzzi dealers than we have now.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
There won't be "a lot more Guzzi dealers" any time soon. That would require a very large shift in the thought process of Guzzi and Piaggio upper management. They lose dealers about as fast as they pick them up. There may be a Honda dealers anywhere and everywhere but they don't carry parts. Most of their mechanics know very little about the ST model, especially the 1100. There are several Guzzi sites that are similar to this one. Lots of knowledgeable members that will help out.

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
Well I'm pushing 65 and I've done 500+ mile 12 hour days on my Africa Twin in comfort on mountain twisty roads and freeways and I don't see any reason I could not do the same thing on this bike as it is in many ways similar as far as size, riding position and wind coverage etc. Put some bags on it and a bit taller windscreen and perhaps a better seat - it would work well. I would not hesitate to take it on a multi state ride. The idea of Sport Touring is trending to smaller and lighter more universal bikes similar to the Yamaha Tracer and this bike seems to be a similar bike.
I have to admit that @bdalameda is correct. From what manufactures are producing and what people are riding it is obvious that Sport Touring is trending to smaller and lighter. I guess that less is more these days. during the winter of 1974 -1975 I was riding a Honda CB 450 DOHC (very comfortable but no windshield) round trip from Charleston SC to Orlando FL every weekend! I was ahead of my time! :rofl1::rofl1:

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Kind of looks like they've brought the old Breva back to life.
1631630529399.jpeg
In 2002, I was riding a 2000 Honda 750 Nighthawk and test rode a 750 Breva thinking I always wanted a Guzzi. My first thought was where's the power? My second thought was where's the brakes. I ended up buying a 2003 Triumph Bonneville. After a couple years I sold it to my brother and bought a Gen 1 Yamaha FZ-1. Finally found the power and brakes lol.

A couple of years ago, I again had the Guzzi itch and went and test rode one of those beautiful green Griso's. It was great as long as you were on the freeway, but a chore to ride around town, just refusing to run well below 4000 rpms. I'm afraid this new 1000 will be the same way.

Bike
R1200rt
Will definitely want to test ride this! I hope the pillion pegs aren't too high up.
Throw some panniers and a top box on it, and a larger screen and I think you just might have something!
Would be a competitor against the upcoming NT1100, and I would lean toward the MG for the shaft drive if Honda fails to deliver that on the NT.
Look closely at the tail section, there doesn't look like there is anywhere to mount hardware. It's the same set up as the tt85 but the tail section of the tt is different. It is a sharp sexy looking bike!

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
My F650 GS didn't look like there was any where to hang saddlebags either. Givi had mounts for saddle bags and a top box.

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
In 2002, I was riding a 2000 Honda 750 Nighthawk and test rode a 750 Breva thinking I always wanted a Guzzi. My first thought was where's the power? My second thought was where's the brakes. I ended up buying a 2003 Triumph Bonneville. After a couple years I sold it to my brother and bought a Gen 1 Yamaha FZ-1. Finally found the power and brakes lol.

A couple of years ago, I again had the Guzzi itch and went and test rode one of those beautiful green Griso's. It was great as long as you were on the freeway, but a chore to ride around town, just refusing to run well below 4000 rpms. I'm afraid this new 1000 will be the same way.
Many of the Griso's had fuel injection problems with the Magneti Marelli injection system and were notorious for really poor throttle response in the lower rpm ranges. I don't think this will be a problem any longer. The newer Guzzis are know to run very well and have a nice torque curve.

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
The Griso has an avid following. There is a web site for the Griso, the Griso Ghetto (??). They have a ghuru or 2 (Guzzi whisperers) that could help sort that out. The better dealers address the issues at the initial assembly and set up. It's unfortunate that the customer has to sort out manufacturing missteps.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Wow, Brian@SarniaON check this out if you can wait to replace that Stelvio next year!
I’m looking for a replacement for the Stelvio NTX and this may fit the bill. Water cooling would be a vast improvement over the air cooled Guzzi engines which take a pounding at high speeds, high revs on hot days. The MG 850 TT adventure bike is short on HP and is air cooled, so I have ruled it out. Drive shafts are my preference.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Was considering taking a regular V7 and doing something like this....

foto7.jpg

Top Bottom