new laam seat

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Did Corbin change their policy? I rode out to his site and got the seat made to spec for my V-65 Sabre with the assurance that I could get it tailored more if needed.

That said the Laam seats are beauties and that will be my next big purchase.
Now that is an excellent question and after reading it I do recall reading somewhere about them doing custom tailoring. So, I really don't know but I have never seen one that was a custom. I may be possibly kinda sorta uhhh, wrong? Honestly, my only experience with Corbin has been with their mass produced, one size fits all seats. While they do appeal to many and look pretty good, for me it was like sitting on a brick.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Same with me the Corbin was like riding on a piece of plywood.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MR Q.

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Seth Just finished with my seat as well and is in transit back to me already. I am hoping it really improve the ride length before breaks are needed. I am hoping he put the warm weather in the box as I requested too.:)

OP
OP

Jack B

Let's Ride
Bike
2013 F6B
Seth Just finished with my seat as well and is in transit back to me already. I am hoping it really improve the ride length before breaks are needed. I am hoping he put the warm weather in the box as I requested too.:)
I'm 50 miles from you and when I got my seat it was ice cold, so good luck with the warm weather in the box it doesn't work.

Bike
2004 ST1300
I've been trying to get hold of Seth for 2 weeks. Left voice and emails with no response.
Same with me. Haven't picked up the phone yet, but no response to completing the order form from his website. It's also been about two weeks.

Last edited:

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
He must be busy somewhere. He called me within 10 minutes of sending my order form last month.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
He and I played telephone tag for a couple of hours when I first called him mid-January to book a ride-in for end of May. He was very good about returning my calls.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
You lucky dog. Still waiting for it to quit snowing and some rain to wash the salt off of the streets to try mine out.

Bike
'08 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I have this exact same seat, but Seth made the passenger section wider toward the back for better support and weight distribution. Still waiting for first spring ride - maybe this weekend?

Bike
2004 ST1300 BLU
Great Looking setup Redfish! Just send mine to Seth, and I have the same bike/color… can you comment on the specs of yours? Is that leather, black on black?
Thanks!

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Yahoo, got to take the bike out for a couple of hours for the first time this year. I think I'm going to really like this seat. One complaint that I do have though, is while the basket weave cover like in the original photo looks really good, my butt was sliding all over the place. I did have my Darien riding pants on though. I may seriously have to see about having the seat recovered with the normal vinyl.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jack B

Let's Ride
Bike
2013 F6B
Yoho got to take the bike out fora couple of hours for the first time this year. I think I'm going to really like this seat. One complaint that I do have though, is while the basket weave cover like in the original photo looks really good, my butt was sliding all over the place. I did have my Darien riding pants on though. I may seriously have to see about having the seat recovered with the normal vinyl.

When I ordered my seat He told me that the basket weave was slippery so he put on a carbon fiber look. I only put two miles on it and it felt good but I need to go for a long ride.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
When I ordered my seat He told me that the basket weave was slippery so he put on a carbon fiber look. I only put two miles on it and it felt good but I need to go for a long ride.
Do you have any pictures of the carbon fiber look cover?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I sent a message through his website about getting a seat built. He called me this morning. Sounds like he has good turn around time (I was expecting something like Russel, where you order it and three months later they build it.). So now I need to box a front & rear up and send them to him. :D

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Great Looking setup Redfish! Just send mine to Seth, and I have the same bike/color? can you comment on the specs of yours? Is that leather, black on black?
Thanks!
I am vertically challenged (5'8") and did not want the seat to be any taller than the stock seat. Other than that it is just the standard Laam setup. Seth recommended I avoid leather and he told me that the basket weave vinyl was very slippery. He suggested the CarbonFX which seems identical to the cover used on the Sargent seats. If you have ever seen a Sargent, you will know what I mean.

Do you have any pictures of the carbon fiber look cover?
This is the CarbonFX cover. I have a blue topstitch to match my bike, a nice added touch. Pictured with it is the Sargent.

And, on the bike:

Top Bottom