New PR4 GT's installed, now have handlebar wobble below 50 mph.

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
+1,Terry, awesome transformation.
Just finished 500 mile break in on the PR4GTs this past weekend, including riding in some rain. They are superb.
:thumb: :cbcgw:

cstuart1597

cSTuart1597
Bike
ST 1300
I'm thinking of trying Roadsmart IIIs next.
How ya do'in Larry.I started a thread not long ago about the RS3 tires.I contacted customer support and they replied-
Hi Mr. Stuart,

Good morning –

Below is the response from our engineers, please read through and afterwards give a call to discuss further.

"We have seen this in the past but mostly when mounted on Honda ST1100/ ST1300 motorcycles. Here is our conclusion regarding the tire wear. The ST1300 tips the scales as one of the heaviest sport touring motorcycles in its class. For its weight, this motorcycle has a short wheel base, steep steering angle, and narrow rear tire allowing it be agile on the road. This was the design approach taken by the engineers at Honda. All motorcycles have a tendency to weave. This is the natural tendency for any motorcycle on the road. Most of the time this goes unnoticed because the motorcycle engineers spend countless hours testing to minimize this. However, the natural tendency is still present, so when you run over an imperfection in the road this tendency heightens. The tires are part of the equation because the friction between the tires and roadway aid in resisting weave. This motorcycle has a known issue with weave in the field, so we believe the uneven wear is directly related to this factor alone. As I mentioned earlier, this weave may go unnoticed, because the tires will help resist this but in return sacrifice tire wear. This could be directly related to the motorcycle design or worn parts but we don’t know for sure without knowing the history (model year, miles, etc.). If this is an older model we do recommend having your motorcycle inspected by a certified mechanic to check items such as the steering head bearing, front fork, wheel alignment, etc. to make sure everything is working properly."

Google – “Honda ST1300 Highway Weave”

My direct# 330-833-2826

Dave Johnson
Consumer Affairs

Dunlop Motorcycle Tires
P.O. Box 1109, Buffalo, NY 14240
Phone O: 800.845.8378
Phone O: 330.833.2826
Find that thread and look into it before you commit to the RS3.Just my 2cents worth.Not meaning to hi-jack this thread.

Top Bottom