New VFR1200 may mean the ST is going Bye Bye

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
They will not be replacing the ST with this bike as the bike is more sprt than touring and rider position etc is still leant over crotch rocket style.
Word around the camp fire though is a revised ST in either 2011/2112 as what would the police have to ride and the St is a pretty hard bike to replace.:bow1:
I disagree. The engine is plenty fine, the frame is prolly good too. Only takes (mostly) body work, bars, and seat to turn the VFR into to the VFR GT.

I'm waiting (not so) patiently.

Bike
2003 ZZR1200
Rider mag, january 2010 has a good article with pics of the vfr1200. they say it is a totally new vfr and replaces the vfr800 but the fate of the ST 1300 is unchanged as of their writing. the side bags look good but that top box does not blend well. 170hp vfr1200, i want one!!

STOC #
Rider Mag has a review of the New VFR 1200f........... mostly good and some niggling problems...

"Alas, put one in the win column for the old VFR as the throttle transition on the VFR 1200f can be abrubt, particularly at low speeds" this sucks for adding maintainance throttle in mid corner...... just like the ST....

"No jacking was evidant in the driveline, but we felt some slop in the driveline that - when combined with the throttle abruptness - interferes with smoothness at times, especially when rolling off and back on"............ like in a corner...

This is a deal killer for me.. I rode the Connie and the K1000 at bikeweek........ absolutely sweet throttle response.. You can actually adjust your line through a corner with the throttle on these bikes.. No slop at all.... very refreshing... Mother Honda still "dont get it"...........

mitch

Last edited:
STOC #
I don't know about this vfr. I have a blackbird with hard bags. You can get a nice clean bird low miles for 5grand. ad the bags for 700, bar risers and windshield another 300. full blown suspension front a rear 2 grand. Your down 5 or ten horse power but your also down fifty pounds. Net savings 10k. That would buy a lot of chains and pie. Don't get me wrong the vfr seems cool but just not cool enough for me.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Interesting what Rider is saying about throttle abruptness. I found it very smooth on the VFR1200 I was riding around last month for MCN. I thought it was better than my ST and have the TT FPR and the Throttle tamer installed on my ST.
Posted via Mobile Device

STOC #
It's a mistake to pass judgement on a bike based on a magazine article.

Oh ye of little faith...... Don't you know that motorcycle magazines would NEVER lie!! ;)

mitch....

Top Bottom