No-Mar Tire Changer

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Doesn't fly far, stops pretty quick when it hits the jewels. :eek:
That's okay, those are locked away in a purse somewhere.... I just don't want to break a window out of the truck.

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
I have the No Mar and it has worked well during NJ Tech Day. I purchased the rim clamp set and Yellow Thing, they work well for holding the tires to remove and install new ones. It does take an additional step but allows difficult mounting of the wings and Battleaxe tires. I bought the changer and balancer as a kit, was a little more but I felt the purchase has been worth it.
Hope this helps!
Randy

Bike
07 ST1300A
I'm thinking I may start saving up for one of these.

It would be great to change tires for anyone local.. Also, I think there's an impending TX TechSTOC looming and it would be nice to have one of these for that.

Question, how far does the bar fly when it slips?
You know, you can get the HF model, put the adapters from Mojo on it, and have a very functional changer for a lot less $$$$. Just a thought.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
You know, you can get the HF model, put the adapters from Mojo on it, and have a very functional changer for a lot less $$$$. Just a thought.
Thats what I have. Although I did purchase the NoMar bar and some clamps from them to use with the HF. I just used mine a couple weeks ago for the first time. With the HF you do need to use a ratchet strap around the rim to keep it from spinning.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Well, one think I liked about the no mar was the receiver hitch adapter as I don't have a lot of garage space. I suppose, a couple U bolts and a little thought and I could adapt the HF one too. The ROI on that setup would be much better. Thanks for getting me to 'thinking'... it usually means trouble.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Well, one think I liked about the no mar was the receiver hitch adapter as I don't have a lot of garage space. I suppose, a couple U bolts and a little thought and I could adapt the HF one too. The ROI on that setup would be much better. Thanks for getting me to 'thinking'... it usually means trouble.

Hech yeah...I figure it take about three tire changes to get your ROI. And you get to be the nice guy that let others use it at no cost:D

I've had the Jr Pro model for about a year and a half. I've not only changed tires on all my bikes and some friends, but I've also done two sets of car tires and the tires on my Chevy Trailblazer. It has been one of my best purchases.

STOC #
A friend of mine here in town has the harbor freight model of the above,, I was thinking the same thing he paid like 300 dollars more than what these folks are paying for the no-mar and that thing changes them wing tars like it was puttin on a bicycle tire and no marks in the rim from the clamps and a pneumatic bead breaker no more scratched rims for me. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45656

STOC #
You guys with the NoMar. Did you see the mod to the mount/demount bar they have now? They said they would send me one for $10.00. It adds a handle that sticks out 90 degrees and allows you to put the second bead on with out the two prongs on the bar twisting out of the bead area. I haven't ordered one yet but I think I will soon. Go back and look at their web site and you should see a photo there.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You guys with the NoMar. Did you see the mod to the mount/demount bar they have now? They said they would send me one for $10.00. It adds a handle that sticks out 90 degrees and allows you to put the second bead on with out the two prongs on the bar twisting out of the bead area. I haven't ordered one yet but I think I will soon. Go back and look at their web site and you should see a photo there.
They are shipping them with the new sales now. I didn't put it on during my first change and now I know why it would be good to have... it's on now and will be used on the next change.

Bike
st1300
STOC #
Bought my bar a year or so ago & it came with the little 90 degree handle. just position it & snug up the set screws. I installed mine after the first set if tires, man what a difference, especially when you are working alone. Have you checked out the NoMar "Yellow Thing"? Using that baby is like having a friend help!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Bought my bar a year or so ago & it came with the little 90 degree handle. just position it & snug up the set screws. I installed mine after the first set if tires, man what a difference, especially when you are working alone. Have you checked out the NoMar "Yellow Thing"? Using that baby is like having a friend help!
I got the 3 other black wedge things with mine.. they are okay but was wondering about the yellow thing...

Byron

STOC #
Don't leave the Extra Hands in the sun and then try and use them. :( They soften up with heat.

The yellow thing is great for holding the tire bead in place where it starts under the rim. Much heavier construction and hold up to the abuse the tire will give it. :D

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
I also bought the rim clamp set, it makes changing the Goldwing and ST tires easier! The combination of yellow thingy, bar, rim clamps and long spoons make the tire changing a breeze! Beats the old days using an old car bumper jack to break the bead and spoons with tape on them to not mar the wheels!

Top Bottom