Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Standing by the white courtesy phone if needed :WCP1:

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Not to rub salt in the wound of tire unavailability................ but in my experience I've found that tires can be scarce from April / May through to October / November. I use a set a season and solved the "I can't find the tire I want" problem by always having a spare set available. I just put on new tires I had delivered from Pete's in March and I'll order a new set in January.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'd venture that this year is a little different and it's not the normal demand of the riding season.

I posted on here early in 2021 that the large importers and distributors had 2021 purchase orders delayed or cancelled entirely for this year.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
The supply chain has been interrupted, of that, there is no doubt. But still there are options, albeit sometimes more expensive ones.
That is all the more reason for "Planning ahead", no?

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Try Rocky Mountain ATV. They will ship to Canada and the all in price is pretty competitive with F9 and Petes. I have used them when the Cdn suppliers were backordered and it worked out fine.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I ordered these on Amazon. I strongly believe that just as speakers are to a stereo, tires are to a bike. I either have had great experiences with my three prior bikes using Metzler sport tech. I think it’s the very best tire you can get
Before you press purchase, you may want to do a search for ST1300 issues with Metzler tires.
Several folks have experienced balance issues and vibration issues, to the point that the new tires were removed in a few hundred miles.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
You're right! A lot of tires the size you need are sold out.

I found a couple options as I quickly checked Fort Nine. The Shinko Verge has been give some good comments on this forum and I also found a Bridgestone T32 in the link below. It's not the GT version I don't think, but not all run the GT stiffer sidewall version.
By the way, there are no "perfect tires". If that were the case, we would all have the same ones on and trust me, we don't! :)
Listen to the advice of success stories and non success stories and make a decision knowing that you might find that you absolutely love a tire that a few others hate or had difficulty balancing or had very poor mileage life. I think we're rolling the dice with every tire purchase we make. Every manufacturer has "hiccups", but it doesn't mean everything they make is crap.
Good luck in your search.....

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Look at jpcycles.com The only place I found that would ship tires to my location. They ship to Canada also.

Bike
2009 ST1300
I've got Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT 170/60 ZR 17 [MC 72W] rear, and 120/70 ZR 18 [MC 59W] front. No great speeds yesterday through 350 k of winding roads, a few bursts early out of the corners but nothing like one narrow model Harley that ripped past me in one bend where I watched his rear tire notch over a half inch five or six times; glad he was on the outside.
These were nearly new when I got it 2,500 km ago, I think the whole thing rides perfect, other than I might adjust my rear pre load [?] a bit stiffer. I've had it out a number of times with a bit of frost on the roads, thought they were great, but almost entirely only on really good roads, a bit of grooved for asphalt surfaces and asphalt grooves and ruts, no idea how it will do on anything rough or heavy highway rain. I've brought it up to pretty good speed a couple of times, pretty hard couple of practice brakes, 120 - 130 k, real dirty wind overcoming a couple trucks, overall I think I can feel these tires working perfectly and for my moderate style I can't imagine anything being any better. I didn't take an initial depth meas. of either but they seem to be wearing a bit, will do that tomorrow. Even if they wear at a fair rate, I'll get them again.

OP
OP
Vagabond327
Bike
2004 Honda ST 1300A
You're right! A lot of tires the size you need are sold out.

I found a couple options as I quickly checked Fort Nine. The Shinko Verge has been give some good comments on this forum and I also found a Bridgestone T32 in the link below. It's not the GT version I don't think, but not all run the GT stiffer sidewall version.
By the way, there are no "perfect tires". If that were the case, we would all have the same ones on and trust me, we don't! :)
Listen to the advice of success stories and non success stories and make a decision knowing that you might find that you absolutely love a tire that a few others hate or had difficulty balancing or had very poor mileage life. I think we're rolling the dice with every tire purchase we make. Every manufacturer has "hiccups", but it doesn't mean everything they make is crap.
Good luck in your search.....

Thanks for the link. I checked with F9 for that tire and as it not the radial version (ZR) I was told that it was not really compatible.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Have you tried Revco.ca? I think they are out of Montreal. Free delivery. I bought a rear T31 for $131 cdn +tax and a front Continental Road Attack II for $103 cdn +tax for my ST1300 two months ago. Their prices jump around so you have to keep checking back. I'm still trying to wear out the Shinkos that are on it now but I'll be ready when they are!

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Last edited:
Top Bottom