Now I have matching scars :-(

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
My wife and I just got back from NESTOC. The highlight of the trip was the tip-over in the parking lot of Watkins Glen State park ;-) I let the clutch out and stalled it while turning out of a parking place and she leaned heavily to the right. I held her up for about 30" with Ellen still on board (pretty good considering I weigh 141 pounds) but had to gently set her down. Yes, people were watching while I walked around, put the kick stand down then walked back, grabbed the handlebar and grab rail and easily lifter her back up. Damn she's heavy. The whole thing took about 2 minutes and we were back on the road. Now I have matching scars on the BYGDAWG bars that have been touched up with a Sharpie :eek::

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
Sorry to hear about the tipover, but at least it'll look balanced now! Glad no legs were trapped, or anything like that.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
BYGDAWG bars do come in handy! Had a cage sideswipe me, but all he got was a lagre scar on his car thanks to the BYGDAWG bars!

Glad only a little pride was lost and the you and the wife are fine! :eek::

And sorry to loose to the "I Couldn't Keep It Up!" club. :(

OP
OP
Outbackwack

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
Please enlighten a relative noob
BYGDAWG?
BYGDAWG is a guy that makes rear tip-over/crash bars. They protect the saddlebags if you tip over. They've saved many folks from expensive damage. Do a search for BYGDAWG and you'll get lots of hits. Hope that helps!

Top Bottom