Tank capacity:
20.4 liters
price
Price:
not specified

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
That's 103 hp with a weight of 524 hp. Should run decent. I like the 10.1 to 1 compression ratio. Should be 87 octane friendly unless Mother Honda has done something goofy with cam/ignition timing.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Well, it's better than I expected. If the bags hold enough gear, etc. I can forgive the chain drive. My thoughts on shaft drive have changed a bit after owning one. What I just can't stand is the iPad interface. Not even an option for analog anymore. That is gonna get sunbleached, burned out and fail eventually. And then what? Oh yeah, buy a new bike! Not.
RT

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
Have to see one at a dealer. Silver one looks ok....not a fan of the huge TFT....

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Hmmm... 524 pounds wet, vs. 730 pounds wet for the ST 1300... that sounds appealing, and worthy of further investigation.

The iPad display doesn't bother me, everything is going that way nowadays, and failures of the similar display on the right side of the ST 1300 instrument panel are uncommon.

What's this "chain" people are talking about? Is that some new way of connecting the engine to the rear wheel? I have owned motorcycles for 40 years, but never owned one with a chain.

Michael

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Cruise and quick shifter or DCT? If not, it's a deal breaker for an old fart like me.

Greg

Bike
2007 STinkerbell
It does have DCT. (Which adds 10lbs to the weight.)
Chain, at this point, I can accept. But if it doesn’t have automatic blinker shut off, it’s a no go ;)
One thing to remember, is this is an NT, rather than an ST, so I’m not expecting sporty performance or handling. (Though I am curious to find out how it handles.)
It looks like it has a more relaxed/standard seating position. I like that.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
HP and torque about the same as an 1100 but about 220 lbs. lighter. Wonder how it will handle around trucks on the highway. Saddle bags look thin, wonder if they'll hold a helmet.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Hmmm... 524 pounds wet, vs. 730 pounds wet for the ST 1300... that sounds appealing, and worthy of further investigation.

The iPad display doesn't bother me, everything is going that way nowadays, and failures of the similar display on the right side of the ST 1300 instrument panel are uncommon.

What's this "chain" people are talking about? Is that some new way of connecting the engine to the rear wheel? I have owned motorcycles for 40 years, but never owned one with a chain.

Michael
The display on the 1300 isn't a touch screen, is it?. A friend of mine just had to have most of the dash replaced in her new Subaru. Touch screen geegaws all decided to stop playing and go home. Warranty thankfully. I can only imagine the breaktakingly large bill that would be without the warranty. Don't get me wrong, the tech is great. But they aren't going to support it after X amount of time....

RT

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
The display on the 1300 isn't a touch screen, is it?. A friend of mine just had to have most of the dash replaced in her new Subaru. Touch screen geegaws all decided to stop playing and go home. Warranty thankfully. I can only imagine the breaktakingly large bill that would be without the warranty. Don't get me wrong, the tech is great. But they aren't going to support it after X amount of time....

RT
The reality is if you are going to buy just about any new motorcycle, chances are you are going to get a touch screen instrument package. It is just too easy and cost effective for manufacturers to provide this type of instrumentation along with navigation, music and other features that many people want these days.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
What's this "chain" people are talking about? Is that some new way of connecting the engine to the rear wheel?
No, you silly man.
The chain connects your 10-inch long leather wallet, to your belt.
In this way, you are not likely to forget your wallet in the dressing room while trying on new pants at Duluth Trading Company.
(Although, I wonder whether some leather-clad biker-types don't actually carry their tool kit in those wallets - they are huge.)

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
The display on the 1300 isn't a touch screen, is it?.
I don't know if it is a touch screen or not, but if it is, I would not be too concerned. Garmin has been using touch screens on motorcycle-specific GPS devices for over 15 years, and they have not encountered any out-of-the-ordinary failures with these touch screens.

Michael

Top Bottom