Oooohhhhhh, nice.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Still well under £10k with panniers, top box, inner bags and a few other bits apparently.
Upt'North.
No problem with the price for what they are offering.
I'm just mighty partial to the smooth lines of the ST1100. ;)
I reckon that's why I have a garage full of them (4 runners, 2 3 parts bike) ... :think1:

Last edited:

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I like the idea of returning to, or at least OFFERING, middle-weight, thoughtfully designed motorbikes.
As many of us have learned (not me, yet), the bigger and heavier bikes become less manageable, and less desirable, with increasing age and odd infirmities. That doesn't mean we must give up riding, only that our needs change.
We should (and do, fortunately) have several options for well-appointed, smaller / lighter bikes, that are still entirely capable of mile-munching, day after day, through states and across continents. At first blush, this Trump appears to want to join the market.

Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
Have to agree with Phil. After all these years I think the 1100 shape is beautiful compared to the angular 1300. Once I got the ABS/TC one it was nearly perfect apart, from the weight and missing 30hp.
One reason I bought an Africa twin was the lack of pointy bits on the front.
Modern Triumphs, I also have a Tiger, alas with pointy bits, and I have to say the engine is a beut. Just love it, lighter than the AT and the ST and can't resist running up the rev range. Quality of mine is superb, just a nice piece of tackle.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
It reminds me a bit of the CBF1000 but fresher.
The integrated pannier mounts are a nice touch but I don't know how big or not they are. They look a decent size and the top box is a double helmet jobby.
We'll just to wait and see.
Upt'North.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
As many of us have learned (not me, yet), the bigger and heavier bikes become less manageable, and less desirable, with increasing age and odd infirmities.
Agree here, too.

Other than me sounding like a landing Ohno bird when stopping, the weight of the ST is part of the smooth ride.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I reckon that's why I have a garage full of them (4 runners, 2 parts bike) ... :think1:
Individual tastes in style don't impact the utility of a particular vehicle. But it drives buying habits. I never cared for 'sagging in the middle' cruiser styles or the 'rolling sofa' design period of the Gold Wings. Few were bad bikes and all performed well. I really liked the early faired factory cafe racer style bikes. A friend was not a fan of the paint schemes...'looks like a clown blew up next to it'. Tastes are not consistent and mostly inoffensive.
I won't even broach individual preferences in mating material.

It looks nice and light. Beginning to fall into the “the ST is a beast to move category “. I just pulled my ST into the garage for some work and took out my CB1100. It felt a push bike compared to the ST!!.

Bike
2009 ST1300
I think 660 / 440 lbs is a bit light for the highways but I only go by my own XL600 / 350 lbs, it works okay but I find that once you've got both feet up and you're over five miles an hour, the heavier bikes are just so much easier. Around town it's great, and in slow traffic, but once you get into the 65 to 75 and you have to deal with road irregularities, other vehicles and wind it's a fight I just don't enjoy anymore.

Top Bottom