Oooohhhhhh, nice.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
As in my post about the new Honda Hawk 11, anything that looks vaguely like John Surtees would race it works for me.

I would also echo Uncle Phils comment about the ST1100. I much prefer the lines of the 11 vs pretty much any bike, which is why I bought one. It fits my eye extremely well.

Never had interest in a cruiser (love the “sagging in the middle” image!) and the insectazoid look of most new bikes simply don’t resonate. I enjoy the Yamaha and Triumph engines but not the bikes they come in.

As someone else pointed out somewhere, that’s why all these various bikes exist: we can all enjoy the experience through different expressions of the art.

Now the fact that Phil and I are right about the ST1100… :)

Bike
ST1100X
STOC #
I always wanted a BSA A65 when I was young(er), but it wasn't to be. Could buy almost anything off the showroom floor now, but I think I'll stick with my ST1100/Pan European.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I sat on one the other day at my dealer. I thought it was very comfortable. I have rode a 675 Street triple and absolutely loved that bike! It does not have all the bells and whistles some of the other Triumphs have. But that is to keep the price point lower. I’ll have to go back and ride one. They says it is very fun to ride. I’ve you haven’t rode one of the newest Triumphs triples, you should just go try one. They have come a long ways.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
The problem with Triumph in my area is the lack of good dealers. The good dealer 100 miles away (where I bought my 03 Bonnie) dropped the brand after Triumph tried to make him expand his showroom just for Triumph product. The brand was then picked up by an ex Ford car dealership (where my younger brother bought his 16 Bonnie) and their salesman, parts guy and mechanic don't know squat. They even farm out some of their warranty work to a local small time independent shop. So sad.

triumph makes some good bikes, but they have lost a ton of dealerships in the last couple of years.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Triumph Tiger Sport 660 highlights:
Price £8450 without luggage
Engine 660cc triple
Weight 206kg (kerb)
Power 80bhp
Torque 47lb.ft

IMG_20211005_163329.jpg
Looks very similar to the new Versys 1000 I noticed and our local Triumph dealer. Alot of the new bikes have the "Bug-eyes" Uncle Phil. That triple seems to be a proven engine on alot thier bikes. Nice colour too.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Looks very similar to the new Versys 1000 I noticed and our local Triumph dealer. Alot of the new bikes have the "Bug-eyes" Uncle Phil. That triple seems to be a proven engine on alot thier bikes. Nice colour too.
I think the new bike designers must all have a subliminal fascination with praying mantises or mad birds. :biggrin:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
The problem with Triumph in my area is the lack of good dealers. The good dealer 100 miles away (where I bought my 03 Bonnie) dropped the brand after Triumph tried to make him expand his showroom just for Triumph product. The brand was then picked up by an ex Ford car dealership (where my younger brother bought his 16 Bonnie) and their salesman, parts guy and mechanic don't know squat. They even farm out some of their warranty work to a local small time independent shop. So sad.

triumph makes some good bikes, but they have lost a ton of dealerships in the last couple of years.
I’m very fortunate to have a very good Triumph, BMW and Ducati dealership about 5 miles from me. But I completely understand what you are saying about lack of dealerships. I probably wouldn’t have a Triumph or BMW in my garage if I didn’t have a dealer close to me.
I’ll be glad when inventory gets back to normal. Not many of the new bikes to even look at right now.

Top Bottom