• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

OR: A to Z (Round 2)

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Re: OR: A to Z

I have an "I" just up the canyon from me but I'll wait a couple days to see if someone else posts an "I" as I have a couple "J's" in mind.
Post your I, post your I :D I actually have some J's too....not so much on K's.

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #

Now you can post your "J".
:yr1:

I took a ride yesterday just to get this....since there are no H, I or J towns close to me.

Junction City - You might have to zoom to see the water tower.

On to K

Last edited:
Bike
1997 ST1100

You didn't happen to see 2 Orange CAN AM SPYDERS on Friday or the previous Monday did you?...that was my brother and his wife. They went to Sunriver for the week. They rode to/from Vancouver, USA

Yeah...I get that loco stuff from some of my buddies wives...but not from my buddies or my wife.

Hopefully we will get to meet at the next RTE.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Can't say for sure that I saw them. I have seen quite a few Canams lately though. They seem to be getting quite popular.

I am definitely looking to go to the next rte. As long as it gets posted early enough I should be able to make plans.
I look forward to meeting up with some of the people off this sight. Are there RTEs in Washington as well? I'm really new to the sight and I'm still figuring out everything.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300

Yes...RTE's are random, anyone can initiate, anytime, any state. I have only been to one myself. Enjoyed it.

Cheers!

Bike
1997 ST1100

Thanks for the information. I was thinking they were regular meet ups. I like the idea though. It has got me to thinking though how far in advance one should be planned and how far people are willing to ride on average to go to one. Personally, if I knew about it long enough in advance in would go anywhere in Oregon, Northern California, or most of Washington; basically anywhere I could get to in six hours one way.

Bike
2005 ST1300

Thanks for the information. I was thinking they were regular meet ups. I like the idea though. It has got me to thinking though how far in advance one should be planned and how far people are willing to ride on average to go to one. Personally, if I knew about it long enough in advance in would go anywhere in Oregon, Northern California, or most of Washington; basically anywhere I could get to in six hours one way.
I would say 2-3 weeks advance notice. The one I attended in Washington was in Kalama about 12 attended...several from the Seattle area and a few from Portland and surrounding area. Then some from random areas. A good mix.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
2005 ST1300

I will be going from Portland to Heppner then to Salem this weekend. Hope I can get my buddy to slow down enough to catch a couple pics for this.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
2005 ST1300

I can see it....Dang I was in Oregon City today.

Bike
1997 ST1100

A silver st1300 riding with a BMW w/side car passed through Maupin when I was there. Talked for just a minute with the owner of a silver Goldwing who had been napping in the park when I got there. Some great roads and beautiful scenery around there.

Now on to N. Dang you were right next door to Newberg (relatively speaking)

So is it generally acceptable for a person to advance the tag twice? I have some free weekends coming up and plan to spend them riding. Probably going to ride down the Oregon coast first part of July. Most of the N towns are along my favorite part of the coast is why I ask. The tag game is all in fun so I'm sure the rules are hardly set in stone. Then again, looking at the rest of the letters remaining I could hit N through U in a single days ride from here, which seems to defeat the purpose of the game. Setting here thinking about that though has given me plans for a ride through the east side of the state. Oregon coast/eastern Oregon hmmm. Going to have to give that some thought and see which one wins out. Who am I kidding? Both are likely to win out and I will hit both.

Anyway, I will watch the thread and see how it progresses. I'm also keeping an eye on the Washington thread too. With several three day weekends coming up,I have lots of time to ride, though, there are more places I want to go than time to go.

Bike
2007 ST1300

Here I am at New Pine Creek, Oregon 97635. Included is a close up of the Post Office door since it's hard to see with the reflection.

Now we need "O".

New Pine Creek.JPG (1024x763).jpg
New Pine Creek Post Office.JPG (1024x768).jpg

Top Bottom