OR: Tag

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
yes, that is the Willamette. It's the Wheatland Ferry. It's a buck for a motorcycle. The only ferry on the Willamette that I know of. 45.089929,-123.043917 Go get it but don't move it too far. I have another good one in mind.
Don't forget the Canby Ferry Dan!

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
I just looked at it. There was quite a line of utility trucks waiting to go across, so that is why the picture isn't as nice as yours, and why l didn't cross.

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Speaking of the Wheatland Ferry.......maybe it's good you didn't cross :)

Nov 4, 2012

News-Register Staff

WHEATLAND ? A Wheatland Ferry operator was arrested Saturday afternoon on charges alleging he was operating the vessel while under the influence of intoxicants.

The Marion County Sheriff's Office identified him as Brian Lynn Trussell, 57, of Salem. He was charged with two counts of recklessly endangering another person and one count of boating under the influence of intoxicants. He was lodged in Salem's Marion County Jail on $15,000 bail.

Sergeant Don Sweet and deputy Casey Burnham gave this account:

They were dispatched to the ferry about 2:30 p.m. on a report the operator was possibly intoxicated. A citizen who called 911 reported that he and his family had crossed the Willamette River on the ferry and he noticed the operator smelled of alcohol. He also said the operator tried to collect fares from his family twice, apparently forgetting that he had originally collected the money.

The sergeant and deputy contacted Trussell. He admitted to them that he had been drinking juust before starting his shift. He also had liquor in his lunchbox. He failed field sobriety tests that were administered and was takeen into cuustody.

The ferry was closed for about an hour until another operator arrived and relieved Trussell.

The ferry operated from 5:30 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. daily.

Trussell's first circuit court appearance will be at 3 p.m. Monday.
http://www.newsregister.com/article?articleTitle=wheatland-ferry-operator-charged-with-boating-under-the-influence--1352077968--5186--home-news

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Time to revive this thread.

Old tag:

IMG_2589.jpg

New Tag:

IMG_2593.jpg

We've gone from one bridge that will be replaced in the coming years to another bridge that was just recently refurbished.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
It's about time this tag got moved, even if it is an easy one. Six months is a long time to hold a tag!

DAS

STOC #
this was getting embarrassing - anyway, old tag in Oregon City

and new tag. I was going to make it something tough to find but then it might never get moved. I stopped by here today just to take a photo to send to my brother in MI to say needer needer needer.

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
The Oregon contingent of ST-Owners is not as active as our Washington counterparts in moving tags.

I've been ST-less for all of 2013....so I've been of no help. But the ST-less part should be changing shortly so who knows. ;)

Bike
2005 ST1300
The Oregon contingent of ST-Owners is not as active as our Washington counterparts in moving tags.

I've been ST-less for all of 2013....so I've been of no help. But the ST-less part should be changing shortly so who knows. ;)
Sorry to hear about being STless. Do you have any bike right now?

The SW Washington guys probably spend much of their time riding in Oregon so we can help keep it going. I see Richard (Soontobeone) has already helped out.

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Sorry to hear about being STless. Do you have any bike right now?

The SW Washington guys probably spend much of their time riding in Oregon so we can help keep it going. I see Richard (Soontobeone) has already helped out.
I've been bikeless all of 2013...but looking at a sweet ST1100.....hint: the bike I am looking at would help me re-create my avatar pic from 1996....I wish it would help recreate my hairline from 1996.

Last edited:

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
Beyond your avatar, Gymbo, might I hint at checking the old bike itself for hairline cracks in the block. I mean, till you really look, you never really know. :D

Styles

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Beyond your avatar, Gymbo, might I hint at checking the old bike itself for hairline cracks in the block. I mean, till you really look, you never really know. :D

Styles
Good point Styles....I am going to have a good look-see under the bike for block cracks and for oil leakage around the alternator. I am also going to pull the rear wheel and have a look at the drive splines.....apart from problems there, there is a strong possibility of a new avatar with an updated hairline soon....

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
Good point Styles....I am going to have a good look-see under the bike for block cracks and for oil leakage around the alternator. I am also going to pull the rear wheel and have a look at the drive splines.....apart from problems there, there is a strong possibility of a new avatar with an updated hairline soon....
I am excited for you. Let us know. It would be a good excuse to get a RTE going.

Top Bottom