Over sized and odd ball attractions

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Do you have any spare change? I grew up in a town noted for where astronauts practiced their lunar landing, and of course the big nickel.
The story goes the promoter had no money but wanted to put Sudbury on the map for confederation, went through lots of hoops but in the end made a fortune., creating a theme park with a big nickle

Attachments

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Now imagine getting in it.
One of my grad school classmates occasionally drove her husband's hiked-up pickup . She is short to begin with, making the bottom of the door about waist high for her. Husband was creative enough to make a little aluminum step ladder accessible when the driver's door was opened. It was light enough she could pull it up once inside and stow it back behind the driver's seat.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Do you have any spare change? I grew up in a town noted for where astronauts practiced their lunar landing, and of course the big nickel.
The story goes the promoter had no money but wanted to put Sudbury on the map for confederation, went through lots of hoops but in the end made a fortune., creating a theme park with a big nickle
Don't they mine nickel there?

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Don't they mine nickel there?
Yes and copper. There were huge smelters in Coppercliff and Coniston, both small towns outside of Sudbury. Sulfer was the biproduct of the smelting of metal and the sulfer was what gave the area a moonscape appearence. Over the past 30 years Sudbury has become green again.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
OK, I have no idea why this was built, and why it is on a farm that is on a rarely travelled road. Pretty cool though, especially since my daughter is terrified of spiders.
IMG-0866 (3).jpg
IMG-0867 (1).jpg

Top Bottom