Pendle parking brake

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
When i discovered this parking brake not so long ago i knew that i always wanted one. So i found one on E Bay and ordered. Unfortunately Tony was in Europe and it would not ship till September. He kindly offered to refund and i told him i would wait.
The good. It is excellant! Use it in the driveway on warmup because of the 1% pitch of driveway. Use it when reaching for the garage opener in the cubby. Will probably find a few more uses.
The bad well not so bad.
My 20161300PA master cylinder must have been changed from previous model. Anyway the stem bolt is too long by about 3 mm. Took some measurments and e mailed Tony. He offered to send a shorter one or even custom make one f.o.c. or a full refund. Hell of a guy. After finding some satisfactory washers i posted again and let him know i am satisfied as is.
If all buisneses were operated by Tony Worrall there would be nothing to complain about.
www.rworrall.uk
Or st1300 parking brake e bay

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
Handier if you encounter a stoplight at the top of the hill intersection. IIRC, I got a longer bolt from McMaster-Carr and used an acorn nut on the end - all in stainless.

Bike
2010 ST1300
If all buisneses were operated by Tony Worrall there would be nothing to complain about.
Fortunately, for some folks, all businesses are not run like his. Where would the complainers be without anything to complain about?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
After a year or more of use my Pendle Parking Brake exploded when the nut on the bottom backed off and the spring pushed the locking stem somewhere into the ionosphere.

I emailed Tony to buy a new stem and spring and he sent one FOC. A great guy. I get a lot of use out of the brake. Originally it was going to be used to "park" the bike while at stoplights just below the crest of inclines. On long lights holding the brake was annoying and I'd use that time to change gloves button/unbutton my jacket/whatever. It quickly became very handy.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Not to rain on the parking brake parade, much less deny us our farkling opportunities, I manage the stopping on hills by shifting to neutral (or not) and pressing the rear brake pedal, or just holding the bike with the front brake lever.
One of the improved skills from dual sporting, is modifying my right-hand grip to enable front brake and throttle use simultaneously, or at least transition smoother or more quickly.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Not to rain on the parking brake parade, much less deny us our farkling opportunities, I manage the stopping on hills by shifting to neutral (or not) and pressing the rear brake pedal, or just holding the bike with the front brake lever.
I used to do all that. Now I don't. No rain noted.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Yeah... two up, top-case, tank-bag and STuff for two weeks aboard... you're on a pay-toll booth, border checkpoint or ferry check-in and need both hands to open your jacket and get the travel valet out your inside pocket... whilst balancing the rig (+700kg manned in full livery...) on your left foot, holding the rear brake with your right, and then, out of nowhere your pillion decides to turn her head... giddy-up... :oops:
I'd rather flatfoot with both size 13 landing gears extended there...
One of the improved skills from dual sporting, is modifying my right-hand grip to enable front brake and throttle use simultaneously, or at least transition smoother or more quickly.
No issue there (I too learned riding in the dirt first :cool:), works exceptionally well when riding solo (whilst all MSL instructors rather recommend the use of rear brake though...)...

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
There is an 1100 parking brake on Ebay. It's different than the Middleton. (about $44 USD)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOR

OP
OP
Jambriwal

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
After a year or more of use my Pendle Parking Brake exploded when the nut on the bottom backed off and the spring pushed the locking stem somewhere into the ionosphere.

I emailed Tony to buy a new stem and spring and he sent one FOC. A great guy. I get a lot of use out of the brake. Originally it was going to be used to "park" the bike while at stoplights just below the crest of inclines. On long lights holding the brake was annoying and I'd use that time to change gloves button/unbutton my jacket/whatever. It quickly became very handy.
St Gui after reading your post i locktited that bottom nut. Good reminder.
Thanks

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
St Gui after reading your post i locktited that bottom nut. Good reminder.
Yeah it's something I should have thought of on my own. But when Tony sent me a new stem and spring he enclosed a note about using Locktite and I did. This time. LOL

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
After spending time in this forum in anticipation of buying my ST, I decided early on to put a Pendle brake on my bike as one of the first farkles I did.

I can say that of everything I’ve done to the bike, this is my favourite so far.

And Tony really does define excellence as a business man.

My $0.02…

When waiting on an up inclined ramp waiting to board a ferry for example with passenger and full luggage while searching with your hands for paperwork etc and needing both feet balancing the bike, give me a fly-off front parking brake every time.
I used my Middleton on the st1100 lots of time and wouldn't have been without it.
:cool:

I shouldn't own up on here with this but I found my fly-off parking brake on the Pan so useful that I now have one for my EV.o_O

Fitted to the left hand perch it operates on both front and rear brakes because the are combined.

Neater than the Middleton though.

Parking-Brake-Switch-Control.jpg_Q90.jpg_.jpg
HNY

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
I shouldn't own up on here with this but I found my fly-off parking brake on the Pan so useful that I now have one for my EV.o_O

Fitted to the left hand perch it operates on both front and rear brakes because the are combined.

Neater than the Middleton though.

Parking-Brake-Switch-Control.jpg_Q90.jpg_.jpg
HNY
Who makes this?

Top Bottom