Pics of Unigo trailer Hitch for 1100

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Would it be possible for someone with a Unigo trailer hitch on an 1100 to get some up close pics of hitch. I have had no luck at all trying to buy one from Unigo. I even spoke with rep in Texas and he laughed when I said I have been trying to get in touch with them for two months now. He laughed and said yup... SO if anyone could get me some pics of the hitch, I would greatly appreciate it!!

STOC #
Here ya go Dave. Knew I still had them. These were the installation instructions I did for Uni-Go NZ

Not sure why the uploads don't stay in the order I uploaded them, but they are numbered. THe PDF's have instructions along with the pics.

Attachments

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I have an St1100 with a Unigo hitch - I have the same mount as shown above. If you are going to make your own hitch I would make one recommendation. The stock Unigo ST1100 hitch is a bit difficult to take on and off so when you have to change a rear tire. You will have to elevate the bike pretty high to remove the rear tire without having to remove the hitch. I am going to modify my hitch by welding on bolt together brackets on the down tubes that run down on either side of the rear fender so I can break the hitch at that point and remove the hitch by taking loose the muffler bolts and leaving the top portion of the hitch in place - this way in a pinch I can remove the rear tire without having to elevate the bike to get the rear tire out.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Thanks Larry, i did not know how the Unigo did their hitches. That thing looks very rigid and better suited for a single wheel trailer than the basic muffler mounted ones. I may have a Den Ray for sale soon. :bow1:

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Thanks Larry....Going to fabricators on Tuesday...Will let you know how it comes out.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks Larry, i did not know how the Unigo did their hitches. That thing looks very rigid and better suited for a single wheel trailer than the basic muffler mounted ones. I may have a Den Ray for sale soon. :bow1:
Gee, wish I'd known you were thinking of selling your DenRay hitch a week ago last Friday! That's when I ordered a new one from TMC Motorcycle-hitch.com in Chicago.

I like the sturdiness of the Uni-Go hitch. Been thinking of what I could do with the DenRay hitch to add some rigidity. Maybe an additional bar running from the main loop to the bolt under the driver pegs on each side. Or not, will have to see how it is when I install it.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Gee, wish I'd known you were thinking of selling your DenRay hitch a week ago last Friday! That's when I ordered a new one from TMC Motorcycle-hitch.com in Chicago.

I like the sturdiness of the Uni-Go hitch. Been thinking of what I could do with the DenRay hitch to add some rigidity. Maybe an additional bar running from the main loop to the bolt under the driver pegs on each side. Or not, will have to see how it is when I install it.
Sorry to get your hopes up Bob. I am sure I will be using the DenRay first and do a Un-Go style later.
Mark

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Good deal Bob, thanks for the instructions for the Trailer Isolation Relay.

Bike
ST1100
I think this is Unigo hitch (TR7030) going to be my best option to pull a bushtec so if anyone has one for sale, let me know!

Also, anyone have thoughts on occasional pulling of a Kwik Kamp with it?

STOC #
I think this is Unigo hitch (TR7030) going to be my best option to pull a bushtec so if anyone has one for sale, let me know!

Also, anyone have thoughts on occasional pulling of a Kwik Kamp with it?
You can use anyone's hitch (including Uni-go) for a Bushtec trailer...you can ONLY use a Uni-Go hitch to pull a Uni-Go trailer.

STOC #
Not true, they sell conversion parts for other hitches to convert to a uni-go hitch.

http://www.uni-go.com/products.php?cat=25
I don't see it on the new site, perhaps an oversight, but they have a legal disclaimer regarding Non Uni-go hitches that is still posted on the Texas Plus Trailer site:

Be sure the hitch is up to the job. Many hitches are designed for push / pull affect. Uni-go hitches are designed for those and the twisting affect that a single wheel trailer would apply. To test the hitch’s suitability, have someone set on the bike, grab the tow ball in your hands. Try and swing the hitch side to side while assessing the movement using the tire as a datum point. If you are getting more than 20mm / ? of an inch sideward movement the hitch is not suitable for the Uni-Go. This movement will allow the Uni-Go trailer to generate speed wobbles at speed.

Bike
ST1100
How did it turn out? (Can't find any other threads where you talk about it)

Did it come out cheaper and/or better?

Any possibility of your fabricator making more for the ST1100?

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
How did it turn out? (Can't find any other threads where you talk about it)

Did it come out cheaper and/or better?

Any possibility of your fabricator making more for the ST1100?
It came out awesome. I think even better than factory. Almost too strong??? No sorry, this was a one time shot with the fabricator.

Top Bottom