OP
OP
skipcurt

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Skip - I would save yourself money, time and aggrevation and just take it to Tim. At least you'll know it will be done correctly the first time. He's probably cheaper, too and it will be done right.
That's an awesome idea but Tim didn't offer up his services...just the parts. ;) Right Tim??

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
I haven't yet Tim. I was going to call the Honda shops to see if they have them and how much and then I was going to call CBR and find out how much better theirs are and their price as well. They're on the west coast so I can't call them until 11 or 12.

Skip
I think I got a set on the wall. I have a dentist appt in the morning and than I will be there. I will check when I walk in. Ernie has done quite a few of these just bring the wheel.

I'll let you know.

OP
OP
skipcurt

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Well guys, after all of this excellent information, last night I went down to remove the front wheel. Started off with cleaning everything with a rag and lo-n-behold, it's not the front wheel bearings, it's the left front fork seal. I feel like a dork for not seeing it before or during all of this banter back and forth.
After cleaning everything off I tried the 35mm film fix. I can't for the life of me get the rubber boot to slide up out of the way so I stuck the film down it and went around it. It went in about an inch or so. I also ordered the Sealmate...2 for 7.99 plus shipping. Total was 9.98. I'll re-post after I use the Sealmate and let you know the results.

Skip

Sorry for all the misinformation!!

RCS

Left fork seal may be leaking fork oil on the inside side of bike, dripping down the fork tube and made it's way to the axle. The pattern of that spray is from something less viscous than grease.
It is so rare that I get something right. I'm going to do a little celebratory dance now.....and maybe play the lottery.

Good luck with the fork seal. Let us know how it works out. I know I'm going to have to service mine sometime soon - currently at 35,000 miles.

OP
OP
skipcurt

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
It is so rare that I get something right. I'm going to do a little celebratory dance now.....and maybe play the lottery.

Good luck with the fork seal. Let us know how it works out. I know I'm going to have to service mine sometime soon - currently at 35,000 miles.
Yes, you got it RCS, all the way back on post #6. Good job, if only I'd been more diligent in my checking.
Here's your celebratory dance...:bannana

Skip

Top Bottom