PR2 Rear Toast after 4K miles

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Terry the Alaskan hi way eats tires. The three times I have been up there I used ME 880's and the last time on the KTM the rear 880 only lasted about 6000 miles.
Just yacked on the phone with Freshly back home Rich R from his trip up to Alaska... He ran the PR II's and had done the Bonzi Rally (((Read in HIGH SPEED RUN))) before he left on the tires for Alaska,,, and at over 8,000 miles still have tire left...

I am feeling calmer about my decission... :eek::

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
STAND BACK I SAY!!!

After following a KLR for 20 days,,, and not being able to play on curves and ride how I really like to ride??? I have scheduled a great route home which takes in Lake Louise/Banff/Glacier Parke/Yellow Stone/Beartooth Pass/Chief Joesph/Cody/14 A/ to bring my blood pressue back to reality... :D
I guess that means we should all look to the northern sky for the illuminated clouds that will result from your peg scraping?

Is this what it will look like as you terrorize all the black bear, moose, and blue hairs in RV's? :D

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
I guess that means we should all look to the northern sky for the illuminated clouds that will result from your peg scraping?

Is this what it will look like as you terrorize all the black bear, moose, and blue hairs in RV's? :D

I will terrorize the RV's and Harleys,,, but will try and stay away from the wildlife... ;)

That rider in the Picture??? If he made it,,, he was a lucky rider... :bow1:I am NOT,,, going to try that!!! I am a charter member of the 79% club... I am only riding to a limit of 79% of my ability... Taking it off the Center Stand will take up 66.5%... :eek::

I now ride with this Motto firmly installed into my Brain...

The Only Thing That Keeps Me From Riding,,, Is Wrecking...

Don't Wreck,,, Ride...;)

OP
OP
stoc445
Bike
2014 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Well, I mounted up a fresh PR2 this morning. Answer a few of he questions, Penske shock is standard height for a Penske, which the arse is a tad taller than stock. So I'm loading up the front end a bit more, no?

Sagging in the rear, I have a 1400# spring so I doubt this is the problem. Pressure was kept close to 42 as possible. Dip a bit, but checked it often. Listening to my sport bike buds, I lowered the pressure to 38 when romping in the twisties, I would also bump up the damping a few clicks on the shock as well. I would bump the pressure back to 42 with normal riding.

I think my best option of enjoying a few more miles out of this PR2 is stay away from Arkansas!

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
:nuts1: I just don't get why anyone would want to eek out a few extra miles on a tire by running on the cords when they've only got two relatively . . . heck, very small patches of rubber between them and . . . big medical bills.

I just don't get it. There's so many other factors beyond our control . . .

I'm ready to be convinced of the errors of my thinking. Standing by -

Shuey
My goal is not to wear it down to the cord but to have an idea of how much is left. I have NatSToc on my brain. That'll be 2000+ miles for me. I just don't know if I have that much left or not. I for sure have more to go as I still see the center indicator Scooter speaks of and hate to waste that much. They have about 7,000 on them. I could take a set with me I suppose but what a hassle. Happy I'm getting more than 4,000 as the stoc445 states.

Top Bottom