Rediculous price for key blank

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Been there did that with my ol 600 katana. ended up finding a good lock smith who bailed my tail out and cut a replaced lost key for 20 bucks. The blanks were 3 bucks apiece. I was impressed with his tenacity and paid him extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2011 Suzuki 1250FA
Ive seen Suzuki key blanks [non chipped] sold on ebay and amazon for like 10 bux for a dozen keys.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Strangely I couldn't find my spare key from my recent acquisition of an '04 ST. Ordered a blank n the key guy who cut it took pity on me. No charge.
I remember the key was pricey.

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
I bought 5 blanks off eBay relatively cheap. Had two of them cut for free at Ace (indeed the helpful place). I may still have a few blanks somewhere if anyone needs them - just let me know

Bike
2000 ST1100
Are there not lock and key shops everywhere?
Not here like there used to be. I think young people don't apprentice in trades as much as was common, the result is less well trained people, just old guys and gals who want to retire. The only locksmith in my town died with no one to carry on. A worker at Ace hardware does not a locksmith make. They can copy a master lock key, that's about it around here unfortunately.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Not here like there used to be. I think young people don't apprentice in trades as much as was common, the result is less well trained people, just old guys and gals who want to retire. The only locksmith in my town died with no one to carry on. A worker at Ace hardware does not a locksmith make. They can copy a master lock key, that's about it around here unfortunately.
After Simmons broke his key off in his saddlebag, I started carrying blanks. Of course they were never needed, but they didn't take up much room. +1 on Ace Hardware.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Not here like there used to be.
Same here.

Chunk said:
A worker at Ace hardware does not a locksmith make. They can copy a master lock key, that's about it around here unfortunately.
Often that's enough and better than the local locksmith. The shop was once excellent but was taken over by two guys who look like they probably bypass the alarm systems they install to loot customers' homes in the dead of night. I had them make copies on two blanks and they only got one right. I should have gone to Ace.

Top Bottom