Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 20??

Bike
FJR1300
Re: Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 2014?

ST GUI, nice post. There's no question people exhibit brand loyalty across all manner of things in their lives, even when it may not be the best at times, we tend to stay with those things. We see it in most all of the things we buy and consume in life and more, from our peanut butter to our favorite sports teams and everything in between.

ST GUI, nice post. There's no question people exhibit brand loyalty across all manner of things in their lives, even when it may not be the best at times, we tend to stay with those things. We see it in most all of the things we buy and consume in life and more, from our peanut butter to our favorite sports teams and everything in between.
Brand loyalty has really taken a hit in the BMW camp. Lots of folks have jumped ship after being loyal customers for decades. And not because they cannot find a product offering that is attractive. It is usually due to reliability issues and problems dealing with dealerships who cannot, or will not fix the problems under warranty. They even print letters to the editor in the MOA Owners News from owners who are stating, "never again".

In our brave new world of free trade and infinite choice, there is always another choice. I think brand loyalty is dying off. Its being replaced by the value buyers. Even Apple is seeing this. Kids are increasingly seeing the iPhone as their parent's brand.

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

This is a great thread. Who would have thought there would be so many different aspects related to hoping for a model update??
:shrug1:

Bike
2005 ST1300

She continually lectures her mother and I about the dangers of riding and shares her experience rehabbing injured riders.
funny how they say that...Ask her if she could share her experience rehabbing car drivers... ;-)

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #

Jaguar, Alfa Romeo, Triumph, BMW, KTM

Honda, Suzuki, Ford, Chevy

Two different visions of the world.

First : I live once and money is no object

Second : I will retire soon and my daughter will mary next year...

But some find their ST nice and fun, as I do.

I am retired and do not have the chance to mary my princess next year...

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE

I am retired and do not have the chance to mary my princess next year...[/QUOTE] Does that mean she's available? :D

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #

Then you need to take a look at a Motus ;)
I did not said that I belong to the first vision of the life. At the opposite, I love the quality price ratio of the ST.

And it is interesting to see that an American company offers an ST in competion with Japonese production. David againt Goliath. But who is who ?...

Someone knows about the price of that 1600ccs for only 100 hps ? But looking great.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

I want to test ride one. The video and article at brandon's link doesn't mention the LED headlights, one of the coolest things about the CTX. I wonder if they're used in the taillights and turn signals as well. I see OEM LEDs in other bikes' taillights.

Something they did mention: The detachable hard bags protrude almost exactly as far as the not-too-wide mirrors. How about the ST? I never really checked, but aren't the ST's bags as wide as the mirrors? I looks pretty close, to me. Or is it that the CTX's mirrors are not as wide-set as the ST's? There's also a mention of lower compression ratio. How does lower compression make for "a more relaxed ride"? The taller gearing makes sense but I don't get how the compression figures in.

And I didn't know that CTX stood for Comfort Technology eXperience.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

I want to test ride one. The video and article at brandon's link doesn't mention the LED headlights, one of the coolest things about the CTX. I wonder if they're used in the taillights and turn signals as well. I see OEM LEDs in other bikes' taillights.
According to the website, they are:

LED Lighting

Clear, crisp, bright: the latest LED technology lets the CTX1300?s headlight and unique accent lights do more than just light up the night?it gives the bike a strong styling element. The tallight and turn signals are also brilliant, long-lasting LEDs.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Thanks, Scooter. I thought the turn signals might be LEDs, too. If I was shopping, I'd have read the site carefully, LOL.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #

And I didn't know that CTX stood for Comfort Technology eXperience.
I bet the marketing department spent a few weeks trying to come up with that CTX acronym. The C probably originally stood for Cruiser but to avoid confrontation they had to differentiate the C from the HD generification.

Just my two pennies.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

Time to start a new thread: Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 2015? :D

Top Bottom