OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
It will be interesting to see how you like it in your daily life vs the cannonball run home.
I'm sure I'll love it.
Should have ordered the hitch before now, but haven't. Then it's whether I want to pay for shipping from TN, or just take another day off work, ride up, and let them install it.
Then, the wiring harness ... on a Canbus system.
Won't be 11 months from now, of that, you and Obo can be assured.
I appreciate your comments and well wishes.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Wednesday night before I crash.
No, I mean before I go to sleep in Tucson.
But first...

20231107_220301.jpg

But before first, a quick recap of today's pitiful low miles.
The low pressure alert came on after Jim and I put the "500-mile" tire, a Dunlop Trailmax Mission, to replace the sketchy 1yo tire uses for classes last year. I told him about and he said he wouldn't worry about it, and have BMW check the TPMS when u got home. I rode it back to the shop and confirmed 38psi in the rear, but the red s reen came on again a few miles down the road. Thought I had shipped a tire gauge to the camp with all my other stuff, but didn't.
Pulled into Larry's driveway just before 5, and we went to dinner. 2 margaritas for me please... my friend can't drink because he's still healing. I'll drink one for me, and one for him.
What are friends for?
So very nice to finally meet The Bike Whisperer in person.
He looked at the back tire on the GSA, and it's seen some use.

20231107_204049.jpg

So we changed it.
Now I have a new front tire strapped on one side of the bike, and nothing hanging on the other side. It's gonna look weird.
Anyone have any ideas...?
What are friends for?……….
To change both front and rear tires, 4 weeks post spine surgery…..because The bike wobbled in with 5 psi (flat) in the rear wheel, with several puncture holes, and two poorly installed gummy worm plugs in it that were leaking air, causing the warning light!
The front tire had a lot of weather cracks, and a large slice from side to side down past the west indicator.
So….under the cover of darkness…had to wait for the wife to go to bed….armed with only tire spoons, a motion pro bead breaker, and a portable tire changing stand, I snuck back out and removed and mounted the front tire as well….
While the wife and my doctor are rather upset now, I couldn’t let our hero continue his journey without having good tires on his bike.
It’s what I do
:WCP1:

Attachments

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I use them for too long.
Still looking for the ones that are maintenance free, and last forever, and make your car get 100mpg.
And cost $25 apiece.
Do you think that's asking too much?
I believe your post is tongue in cheek but a solution is available Mark that provides much of what you are asking for in a car tire. Find a TyrFil dealer in the area and they can fill your tires with a solid polymer that replaces the air. TyrFil is not approved for DOT on-road use due to road speed and turning performance restrictions but with an Element that should not be a problem :)

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
What are friends for?……….
To change both front and rear tires, 4 weeks post spine surgery…..because The bike wobbled in with 5 psi (flat) in the rear wheel, with several puncture holes, and two poorly installed gummy worm plugs in it that were leaking air, causing the warning light!
The front tire had a lot of weather cracks, and a large slice from side to side down past the west indicator.
So….under the cover of darkness…had to wait for the wife to go to bed….armed with only tire spoons, a motion pro bead breaker, and a portable tire changing stand, I snuck back out and removed and mounted the front tire as well….
While the wife and my doctor are rather upset now, I couldn’t let our hero continue his journey without having good tires on his bike.
It’s what I do
:WCP1:
Am I to understand that RawHyde sent Mark on his way, across country, with those tires? Couldn't they have swapped them out for the new ones before he left?

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Lessons learned.
I was still stoked from the training weekend, still pumped about the new-to-me 1250 (the tires were pumped too, but didn't maintain), and I foolishly did not check them well before departing.
That's on ME, y'all.
Jim had a mechanic to do this, but that man was off the day I left.
It's only a FAILURE if I don't learn from my mistakes.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
And now you learned not to leave your bike unattended in my garage after I dropped you off at your hotel knowing I couldn’t let you ride out with tires in that condition :rofl1:
If I would have been feeling better I would have taken it hostage and repaired all the other stuff I pointed out that needed fixing.

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
Lessons learned.
I was still stoked from the training weekend, still pumped about the new-to-me 1250 (the tires were pumped too, but didn't maintain), and I foolishly did not check them well before departing.
That's on ME, y'all.
Jim had a mechanic to do this, but that man was off the day I left.
It's only a FAILURE if I don't learn from my mistakes.
I think that you are too easy going there. Not all bikes were sold I am assuming. This bike was in the works to be sold long before the mechanic’s day off and should have been gone over, even before getting the beating all course bikes are subjected to. You can’t see everything but the tires? This GS was being ridden far by someone and it should have been treated better IMHO.

Stay very far from Volvos, they attract Mooses.... meese... herds of moose.. a bunch of them traveling who tend to alone. It only takes one
Reminds me of my granpas old dog that he trained to run from racoons so he could sit on the porch and shoot them when the dog ran by.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
YES! Totally! That used bike place should have built him up an almost new bike for the price he paid for a "used in a rider academy" bike.

They should have gave him a gas gift card for a 2,000 mile trip too! What were they thinking???

Sarcasm off,

Larry glad to see you on the mend. Best of luck healing up to you friend.

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Curious on how you are doing about the gas smell on the Mosko tank bag?
I bet you slept real well this weekend!
Amazingly enough, 1500 more miles at speed, combined with a day and a half of rain and drizzle, has left the tankbag smelling fresh as a spring shower!
And I did spend a fairly good number of hours with my eyes closed, while visions of me and the bimmer climbing gnarly steep rocky trails danced through my head.

Top Bottom