Sadlsor goes x-country on the GS Adventure

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Welcome home and congrats on a successful trip. Hope you and the GS get along for many miles together.

As a side note, I always carry tea bags with me (I'm a hot tea drinker). All I need is a cup, and some hot water, or a cup and some cold water and a microwave, or a cup and let the faucet run for a while until it's hot if I'm desperate.

Bike
2010 ST1300
It forced Volvo to set up their own Moose Strike test facility, to help design a moose resistant A-Pillar. Costly but amoozing
Thet test looks to be quite hard on the moose. At least that fellow is reusable. However, the dummy still looked unhappy post moose. Why didn't the airbags go off?

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I carry a single-burner camping stove (MSR WhisperLight), a funnel with paper filter to put on top of my cup, and pour boiling water over the works to make coffee.
I'm all about roughing it, but camping without coffee qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. And I won't do that to myself.

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
Amazingly enough, 1500 more miles at speed, combined with a day and a half of rain and drizzle, has left the tankbag smelling fresh as a spring shower!
And I did spend a fairly good number of hours with my eyes closed, while visions of me and the bimmer climbing gnarly steep rocky trails danced through my head.
Wow, that is amazing indeed. Must have been the snack bars that absorbed most of the fuel.
Yes now you can climb the rocky trails and tree root infested rabbit trails! Hay Ho up we go!

I hope the eyes were not closed when you were riding on the rocky trail.
Sounds like it has been (as expected) a safe ride. Keep up the good and safe ride without any drunken deer.

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I was fortunate, and had no kamikaze wildlife encounters through my long days and nights.
Did see a lone coyote wandering around in NM the morning I tumped over the bike in the drainage ditch / sand wash.
Maybe he was trying to warn me. Too bad I don't speak coyote...

Probably just came to watch the show, I will keep what the coyote was doing in mind, if I see one, I will be extra careful. Sounds like seeing group of spectators in a desert race means there is something ready to dump you and they want to watch.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Looke like Wiley E Coyote to me ......... :shrug2:
Our coyotes are tan, narrow snout, and pointed ears.
Our Mexican black tail wolves (introduced to Tucson to bring them back)
Have silver coats, black tails (full & bushy) rounded ears, and are much bigger.

Attachments

Top Bottom