Sea to Sea to Sea

VetteJim

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Wow! What an incredible story. Just found this thread and read all of it. What an amazing journey this must have been (and still is). I can't imagine the preparation involved to make it this long distance through these remote areas. Just outstanding! I'd love to see a map of your trail.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A

VetteJim

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
How do you get the pictures while you are riding? Also did you post anywhere about your equipment and gear you have, or any recommendations?

I was following your path through Ontario which is the same route we used to take to go to a fly in outpost for a fishing trip. We drove along highway 17 which was always very dangerous at night for moose. There were always several collisions. This was when we were younger and we drove through the night, taking turns. We peeled off of 17 at some point on to 599 and we were getting close. That's as far as I have ever been in the wilderness. It's an awesome thing and gets in your blood.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
How do you get the pictures while you are riding? Also did you post anywhere about your equipment and gear you have, or any recommendations?

I was following your path through Ontario which is the same route we used to take to go to a fly in outpost for a fishing trip. We drove along highway 17 which was always very dangerous at night for moose. There were always several collisions. This was when we were younger and we drove through the night, taking turns. We peeled off of 17 at some point on to 599 and we were getting close. That's as far as I have ever been in the wilderness. It's an awesome thing and gets in your blood.
I’ll answer all this a little later.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles

Easy one first, @Uncle Phil mentioned he had a camera with a lanyard around his neck, I went that way, but I’m not very good at it. Some of my pictures have a black mark on the bottom left hand corner, that’s the phone mount on the dash shelf.
Equipment: Big Agnes black tail 2 hotel, Big Agnes 15* down bag with insulated sleeping pad. Jetboil and a mesh coffee filter, and 50lbs of stuff I don’t need.
Gear: Smart Wool all base layers (largest temperature range for me, 40-80*). On this trip I’m wearing a one piece Aerostich, and a few different gloves. I fell like I’m describing a runway model lol. Anything else just ask, go ride.

Top Bottom