Sea to Sky highway (Must do's)

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
Planning a trip on Sea to Sky Highway. I see a lot of pullouts with great views. Any recommendations along the way? Must stop and see?

The current plan is running 99 South from Cache Creek to Vancouver

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
FYI. I lived in Whistler for 3 seasons (many, many years ago). We use to nick name that highway "Sea to die" because off all the accidents. But, I assume you'll be riding in the summer so you should be good. :D

It IS a spectacular drive! :thumb:

There's a good Resturant/ Bar in Lillooet. When are you planning on doing this trip? Weather temp can change Drasticly from Cashe Creek to the Summit by Duffy lake Road . Oh Yeah Cops are usually close to the towns , and Slow down for Lions bay. Will attach a few Pics from my phone shortly

OP
OP
tnman
Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
There's a good Resturant/ Bar in Lillooet. When are you planning on doing this trip? Weather temp can change Drasticly from Cashe Creek to the Summit by Duffy lake Road . Oh Yeah Cops are usually close to the towns , and Slow down for Lions bay. Will attach a few Pics from my phone shortly
July 22nd or 23rd most likely.
Do you remember the name of the restaurant? Looks like a couple fitting that description.

So this Picture requires some explaining, Sept 28, 2019 went for a Short ride"yeah right" stop for Coffee in Starbucks in Squamish ,lots of riders there,find out Duffy lake road is still open(99 North). Squamish was a nice 68F at about 10am ,anyway close to Duffy Lake Stop to take this picture of the Snow beside the road ,outside temp reads 3 CIMG_2076.jpg

Snow will have melted by then, Cashe Creek and Lillooet will probably be between 90 to 110 F . If you have time another fun road is Hwy 12 from Lillooet down to Lytton IMG_1744.jpg
This Sign is 6 miles north of Lytton

One thing you have to watch for is loose gravel in the tight corners , trailers tend to drag some off the side of the road. Available to ride with you if you like Company. Cheers

Bike
05 ST1300
Definitely my favourite road in Canada, from Squamish to Lillooet. And since you’re there both roads from Lillooett to Cache Creek or Lytton are right up there as well. But watch for cops, it will be pricey if they pull you over.

I remember before the Sea to Sky got straightened, before the Olympics, Whistler to Squamish, now that was a fun road.

I believe it was Reynolds resturant but it has been a long time since I have had lunch there

Us locals call it the Duffy lake Loop, clockwise is Squamish, Whistler,Pemperton, Duffy Lake,Lillooet,from there is two options Cashe Creek or Lytton. Cashe creek to Lytton takes you through the Thompson River Canyon part of the Trans Canada hwy .Once in Lytton you come down through the Fraser river Canyon ,Boston bar is next,then Seven tunnels to get to Hope , after Hope there's hwy 7 on the North side of the fraser or Hwy 1 on the South side. I live in Delta so I avoid riding in Vancouver City. What always gets me is it all looks like a differant trip going Counter Clockwise. Normally takes me 12 hours for about 620 kilometers/ 400 miles there's alot of curves

One thing I would like is a Voice activated Camera, aligned to my head position, that way wouldn't have to stop!

Oh yeah we have this annoying law now, anything 40 kilometers overthe posted limit is supposed to be a vehicle impound for a week. Towing company gets to charge you for storage of you vehicle and you allso get to pay the ticket. But the scenery is best seen at the speed limit anyway.

Last edited:
STOC #
Did the sea to sky hiway on the ST a few years ago after another member recommended it. Fantastic road, beautiful scenery(when you have time to look). Did it South to North. Also did Frasier canyon (first time in decades). Had lunch there at nice little spot . Fat Jacks I think it was called near Boston Bar.

Couple of weeks ago went to Squamish first time on the St. Does it ever like cruising up that highway. My Silverwing is Okay but no where as steady at the speeds the St is happy at. Chomping at the bit to ride the loop still freezing at the higher elevations over night which means icy conditions. Hopefully in early May

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Couple of weeks ago went to Squamish first time on the St. Does it ever like cruising up that highway. My Silverwing is Okay but no where as steady at the speeds the St is happy at. Chomping at the bit to ride the loop still freezing at the higher elevations over night which means icy conditions. Hopefully in early May
Looking at your avatar I see that by "Silverwing", you mean the "real" one. Not that scooter the followed it. I had one decades ago! It was a fun bike. Not as big as the Goldwing but almost as comfortable. I think I remember that due to the large amount of fairings and relatively low wieght, it got caught up in the wind easily. Still a fun bike that I made good memories with!

Yeah a real Silverwing, I’m thinking of selling it , best thing about the bike is The 200w Pioneer Stereo. Second is that I swapped in a Cx650e engine from my Cx650e that got a lower Mileage engine. 65 HP in a 610 lb bike moves out okay, but my hands can’t handle the vibrations. Do like the seating position for longer distances Motor is out of my knees way.

I will grow old, but Growing Up is optional, Been looking on line at sound systems options either on helmet or on the bike. Bose makes a system that has two three inch handle bar mount and amplifier for $171 in black or $150 in chrome. But almost time for a new helmet ,Ah which way to go?

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
In-helmet, definitely. It will sound better to you and be less annoying to those around you.

Plus you can have phone, GPS, rider/passenger, and bike/bike communications in your ears.

Top Bottom