Helmets Sena Outrush helmet?

OP
OP
STFlips

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
So an update on this helmet I bought, if anyone is interested, I tried it a few times earlier this season and while the comms work fine, I wasn't impressed with the wind noise and it gave me pain after an hour above the forehead. Awhile later, after reverting back to my old lid, I decided to see if I could improve things with the Sena. Found I hadn't installed the little chin sheild, after that (and using ear plugs now) the wind noise is OK/normal. Also put some thin foam cut to shape under the helmet liner near the front and that also helped alot, 3 hrs last weekend with no issue. Will bring it along to OnSToc this week and give it a good test over 4 days. Finally fit and finish are very good and the battery lasts a long time, around 10 hours. Might add a little more foam under the cheek pads to tighten it up on the face a bit, might improve the wind a tad more.
Cheers, Bruce

I've had this helmet for awhile now. I love the dial control, probably way easier to control than buttons. I'm not an ironbutt yet, but i haven't been uncomfortable during longer rides. Around town, the built in speakers are good, but on the open road they're muffled by wind noise. When I put in earplugs, I turn it all the way up and I can enjoy my tunes at a decent quality. Phone call quality is good even in motion, as long as the sock is on the mic. The sunshade is good, the visor works well except for fogging, and the modular lid works well except that if you don't lock it open, it's likely to fall back down. The chin strap is good but I prefer d rings. The vents stay in place, but don't click in place, but I haven't been able to tell much difference open or closed. Battery life is great. There are things about this helmet that I'm not crazy about, but it's pretty good for the price.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
The primary reason to buy a helmet is to buy a good helmet.... the offerings with comm systems all seem to have lesser systems with less features, and from all I've read, no one says they are outstanding helmets or comms.
As for Sena, their customer service isn't the best..... our group finally got tired of issues and had a couple of failures, so we bought Cardo Packtalk Bolds a couple of weeks ago.

I was looking for one with comms already integrated. I kinda knew at that price it wouldn't be a great lid, but I don't regret getting it.

Top Bottom