She Looks Familiar

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
It's a beautiful bike - It has factory luggage. I would love to ride it to see what it is like. The engine is completely new and looks very well designed. It is liquid cooled as well but they have hidden it well. 115 hp I believe. An adventure version is coming by the end of the year using this engine it is reported by those in the know.

tonythecarguy

err... motorcycleguy
Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Based on what we know so far, I like it. It addresses the shortcomings I see in the NT1100; shaft drive, adaptive suspension and IMU.
All you give up is the Honda reliability. :rolleyes:

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
I really like it! Not 100% of the sound, but that's minor and probably something I could get used to...

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Certainly leans towards the "sport" side of touring. I like the look with these exceptions:
1. Hard bags look like you could put a 6-pack of Peroni on one side, and a bag of Cannoli's on the other. But I doubt a helmet will fit....
2. Fairing protection looks quite minimal, even with the deployable, and soon to be inoperative, wings.
3. What is the deal with the "prescription bottle" clutch/brake reservoirs? Have they not heard of integrated fluid reservoirs? Hideous.
4. That exhaust is butt-ugly. I know, I know, we are stuck with catalysts and such, but that fell from the top of the ugly tree and made contact with each and every branch.
5. Rear mudflap looks like an afterthought, tacked on purchase from a truck stop.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Certainly leans towards the "sport" side of touring. I like the look with these exceptions:
1. Hard bags look like you could put a 6-pack of Peroni on one side, and a bag of Cannoli's on the other. But I doubt a helmet will fit....
2. Fairing protection looks quite minimal, even with the deployable, and soon to be inoperative, wings.
3. What is the deal with the "prescription bottle" clutch/brake reservoirs? Have they not heard of integrated fluid reservoirs? Hideous.
4. That exhaust is butt-ugly. I know, I know, we are stuck with catalysts and such, but that fell from the top of the ugly tree and made contact with each and every branch.
5. Rear mudflap looks like an afterthought, tacked on purchase from a truck stop.
Here is another closer picture of the bags. They are a lot larger than you would think. The styling of the bags makes them look smaller from a side view.

1659112581090.png

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
I loved the Guzzi I had a number of years ago. The narrator in the video grates on my sensibilities because he pronounces "Guzzi" incorrectly. If one know how to say "pizza", then it should be obvious what's right and wrong! Now if I could just find a dealer... Certainly appears to be a beautiful bike!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
What I ran into on the VFR1200 touring bike in Europe was because of the drive shaft and the big 'can' muffler you lost a lot of luggage space because the bottoms of the bags were curved upward and the front of them were curved inward to accommodate a pillion - not something you could easily see. These bags appear to be mounted high and back enough to avoid those problems so indeed you may have more space than you realize. I wonder if there will be a trunk available when it is released.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
From the looks of the muffler the RH bag may also keep your pizza warm. You will only want to put your Cannolis in the LH bag.
Duly noted! Probably best I only enjoy the Peroni upon reaching my destination lest I infuriate the Carabinieri.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I loved the Guzzi I had a number of years ago. The narrator in the video grates on my sensibilities because he pronounces "Guzzi" incorrectly. If one know how to say "pizza", then it should be obvious what's right and wrong! Now if I could just find a dealer... Certainly appears to be a beautiful bike!
Once upon a time there was an annual Guzzi rally in Lavigne. I remember riding south on 400 heading home, and I stopped near Muskoka to get gas... or go you guys have petrol? if you want, I can give you emails of Guzzi enthusiasts who used to go to that rally. There was a dealership attending and they brought a mechanic to do minor repairs to your bike. This was maybe 9 or 10 years ago.

Top Bottom