ST1100 3D Printed Dash Panel fillers for headlight adjust and clock - thoughts/opinions

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
These have been long in the making. I had a few ppl ask to create some filler panels for the ST1100 to mount charger sockets and gauges. These replace the headlight adjuster knob and clock so that one could mount a USB charger, round gauge or even a small LCD screen. They would be made from ABS and either black or light gray (I tried matching the dark gray with no luck).

As you can see, I finally have the basic shape done, but would welcome your thoughts to help make them easy to adapt before I throw them up on the marketplace. I will offer them with some standard size holes, but for special farkles, molded-in features like a center punch, guidelines for cutting various size shapes, etc., may be helpful.

What do you think? Please LMK.

Attachments

These have been long in the making. I had a few ppl ask to create some filler panels for the ST1100 to mount charger sockets and gauges. These replace the headlight adjuster knob and clock so that one could mount a USB charger, round gauge or even a small LCD screen. They would be made from ABS and either black or light gray (I tried matching the dark gray with no luck).

As you can see, I finally have the basic shape done, but would welcome your thoughts to help make them easy to adapt before I throw them up on the marketplace. I will offer them with some standard size holes, but for special farkles, molded-in features like a center punch, guidelines for cutting various size shapes, etc., may be helpful.

What do you think? Please LMK.
I would be interested in one of the these for the headlight adjuster hole, are you selling them yet, looks good
Brian ST1100

OP
OP
jdmccright

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
Not yet, sorry. Ive been sidelined by family issues and my printer is currently down to assist a friend. Hopefully by next month.

OP
OP
jdmccright

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
To all:

I already have the carb access plugs up for sale elsewhere:

I've also done a custom plug to fill the hole for the ABS/TCS buttons (shown in same thread above). At the moment I have a few projects in the hopper for the ST1100:

1) Dash fill plates for mounting USB/gauges/LCD or for speaker grilles : https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/st1100-3d-printed-dash-panel-fillers-for-headlight-adjust-and-clock-thoughts-opinions.177698/
2) Clip-on wind deflectors for the mirrors (to keep the hands warmer on chilly rides). : https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/st1100-wind-deflectors-for-hands-3d-printed.176705/
3) The small filler pieces for the inside of the mirror housing (between the mirror glass and upper fairing). These I'm trying to make as LED signals so the rider and motorists in the rear quarters can see them.

I've also had a few ask about hard lids for the LH glovebox. A little more ambitious since they would either need a spring lock or barrel lock like the RH.

I'm open to other suggestions, or if you have a specific request, I can look into what it would take to make it happen. I do not use PLA like most people. For exterior and in the sun, I use ABS material. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or suggestions!

Attachments

Would it be possible to purchase a copy of the model? I've a custom project in mind that I'm working out the details for still so to be able to modify and print as necessary will be very useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
To all:

I already have the carb access plugs up for sale elsewhere:

I've also done a custom plug to fill the hole for the ABS/TCS buttons (shown in same thread above). At the moment I have a few projects in the hopper for the ST1100:

I'm open to other suggestions, or if you have a specific request, I can look into what it would take to make it happen. I do not use PLA like most people. For exterior and in the sun, I use ABS material. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or suggestions!

I thought your plugs added a nice touch!
1697542027995.png

OP
OP
jdmccright

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
Would it be possible to purchase a copy of the model? I've a custom project in mind that I'm working out the details for still so to be able to modify and print as necessary will be very useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Ben
I've done custom work as well, such as odd shape holes and even a version that can be locked. But I will consider it. LMK what your plans are.

How about for an st1300 where the speaker vents are ? Great idea also.
I don't own a ST1300, and getting hands-on measurements is important. That or I buy that dash piece in the hopes of recouping the cost (I didn't for the ST1100 clock insert). If someone has a parts bike I could pilfer from, then it's an option.

Top Bottom