ST1100 Replacement Winshield?

Bike
'99 ST1100
It's about time to say goobye to the original windshield on my '99. I would appreciate your thoughts on replacement. I'm 6'3" so if I could get another few inches on the height without creating turbulence or buffeting issues that would be perfect?

Let me know of your recommendations. I just can't see plunking down $300 or so for another OEM windshield.

Thanks.

STArnie13

R.I.P. - 2020/07/03
Rest In Peace
Re: Replacement Winshield

I agree. I have put Clerview shields on all of my ST's. Check to see if they have any blem shields. Most of their blems can barely be seen and they are cheaper that way.

Ross Smith

Ross
Bike
1999 St1100

Go with the tall Clearview. Great screen. Mine's the biggie and is tinted. No vents needed here. You might want 'em.

Ross

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #

My Clearview is fine without the vents. Other options might be the 22in. Rifle or a Laminar. I am currently using a Givi with MRA spoiler and like it a lot.
Clearview is a little too wide because I like some air on my arms. It will be going on shortly though, for winter!

Bike
ST1100 ('93)

I replaced a Rifle put on by the PO with a Clearview Large with no vent and I really like it. I'm 6'3 with a 32" inseam and the airflow hits me right on the top of the helmet. I'm curious about how an X-Large would be for me but had read that they are a bit of a sail, especially when passing big trucks. I bought it for the extra width, which keeps the airflow from hitting me in the shoulders.

I bought a blem and was very happy with the result. It was listed as a minor scratch and is in fact so minor that I'm hard pressed to find it.

There's another thread about Clearviews here: https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?132301-Clearview-Windshield-for-the-ST1100-Update

I'm sure there are others but that one was easy to find.

Last edited:

Osh

Bike
2007 ST1300
Guys - can someone stick up a link to this Clearview product; is it available in the UK...??

Osh

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
The laminar lip combo is what I have on the '01 and I have been very pleased.
I am 5'10" with a 27" inseam (I look my 6'5" BIL in the eye when sitting) and find the lip to be perfect.

Seeing where you live I would definitely look at the laminar lip rather than a larger screen or be sure to save the existing one and cut it down for the summer or put a laminar lip on it now and skip the bigger screen.

Bike
ST 1100
Ricksf, I bought the MRA Vario from Twisted Throttle and love it. I had both the stock and Clearview shields previously. The stock was too low and had lots of head buffeting. The Clearview was too big and too hot in the warm weather. The MRA has a tilting (or removable) upper section that lets you "tune" the final air flow to for height. I am 5'10" and keep it at the lowest setting. The air flow that comes in between the section helps keep a neutral air pressure around the rider. I have no head buffeting even at 100 MPH. I highly recommend this shield!

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Looks a bit like a Corbin
I agree with the Corbin seat look.

I have found the "cat eyes" or any of the other vents to be inconsequential. I haven't try any of the "lip" thingies. A Steffi plate reduced the buffeting more than the windshield vents. It didn't do much and was removed next time I was working in the area.

Top Bottom