ST1100 - still flooded?

OP
OP
ST_SVK
Of course, I checked cable itself and also cap itself, I already cut small piece from both cables and prepare it for new caps, 1 died - no resistance at all. 3 other are good.

First I think exactly this because of wiggling with it (it happen all the time on bikes) but no, somehow 1 cap died during all the operations and working around (or simply died by age, who knows :) )

It´s written NICHIWA XC05FMGA on them, that doesn´t sound like OEM to me, but maybe they are.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
It´s written NICHIWA XC05FMGA on them, that doesn´t sound like OEM to me, but maybe they are.
that picture looks stock to me and the part number looks like what's on my bike, which has the stock parts.

OP
OP
ST_SVK
Finally I got my new Honda spark caps today (40€/pc) and machine starts like charm. I just needed to adjust idle, which was totally off.
I ride 15kms (still not good conditions) and it rides great. So thanks everyone for help and guidance.:thumb:

Here she is :) (lower fairing is still off).

Only thing which is different is clutch feeling, it is working too late for me (70% of its movement is dead), so I have to bleed it again and I hope it will help.

A540998A-974E-45CE-A585-BAD50F4D2B3E.JPG

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
That's just how the clutch feels. You may not need to bleed it again or see any improvement.

PhotoDoctor

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton
That is a nice looking bike, if that is a OEM color we did not get that in the usa!

I'm glad you are able to ride now.

OP
OP
ST_SVK
Oh, so I just get to use to that clutch, OK. :)

@PhotoDoctor: I like that color also. It is called Midi Blue Metallic (B-162M) and Honda used it from 1999 - 2002.
Front fairings are customized, that golden stripes are added, all other parts are OEM color.

Bike
ST1100 Pan European
Hi ST owners.

After a years I finally fulfill my childhood dream and I finaly found and bought an ST1100.

She is 1999, without ABS, 47000km on the clock.
When I took her home, I disassemble all fairings and look for all leaks and potential problems.

What I´ve done so far:
New engine oil + filter + O-ring on oil check eye + new sealing on clutch (small leak here and there)
Fully restored clutch slave cylinder (small brake fluid leak) + new clutch fluid
Rear wheel disassembly - everything cleaned and properly lubricated according to Honda specs
New rear brake pads + fresh brake fluid (rear)
New spark plugs
New front brake pads + reworked both brake shoes
New thermostat + fresh coolant
Checked timing belt
Old fuel out - 15 litres of new fuel in.

After all of this I wanted to start the bike, but when it starts, it stalled immediatelly (but it starts). So I tried again and also stalled. After this it can´t start at all. I checked spark plugs and I found out, they are completely flooded. So I dried and cleaned them and I tried again - but again same scenario - spark plugs flooded, but no will to start.

I checked owners manual, and there is written, when something like this happend, you have to close choke, turn OFF start switch and then crank engine for 5 seconds with throttle fully open. But here is a problem - when start swith (red one) is OFF, bike wont crank because of it.

So, my 2 questions:

1st. Is there something wrong what I can check, when bike wont crank with switch OFF (or there is an error at manual?)
2nd. Why is engine flooded so quickly (when I ran bike before, it rides really smoothly, good power, good start - from that moment bike stand 1 month in the garage). Can be something sticky inside carbs for example? One extra info maybe - when I crank it after few days after purchase it runs for a while on 3 cylinders, after a 30 seconds it changed its sounds and runs smoothly again, I took it for short ride and everything runs well, after that I parked it inside my garage and start doing maintenance.

Also I can tell, it is quiet cold still (around 7°C), but I tried to heat up air around the bike with heat gun.

I just let it be with spark plugs out and let it evaporate all fuel out from engine for a day.

Thank anyone for any answer to this topic, maybe it is just I am doing something wrong, but I don´t want to disassemble anything before some advice from someone experienced with this glorious machines. :)

Also I hope my English is understandable, its not my native language. :)

Hello, can you please tell me more about power reduction? I also have a swiss model rv.91

Som z Prešova.
fuchsotik@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
ST1100X
STOC #
Not sure what brake disk you have there, but it's not from a ST1100...... My disks are solidly fixed to the wheel, - yours are floating. That might explain your alignment problem....

OP
OP
ST_SVK
@fuchsotik: ahoj, Švajčiarske modely mali kvôli ich predpisom iný kód motora a nižší výkon, viac o tom neviem. :)

@Roger : I already changed them to original Honda discs and it looks same way than before, but everything works fine, so I´m OK with it. :)

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Nazdar, už som zistil, že treba vymeniť karburátor a bude mať plný výkon
What makes you think it is the Carb, What was discussed on the other thread is that the Carb Boots could be replaced not the carbs.

As far as I know you would need 4 of these
CARBURETOR INSULATOR
16211-MT3-000
Carb boot  Insulator.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom