ST1100 Water Pump Overhaul Service

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Hello all, I am new to this forum and would like to let everyone know that I am now able to provide an ST1100 water pump overhaul service. I have been overhauling water pumps for the older Honda's for about 6 years and mostly selling them on ebay as user Baxter7092, with 100% feedback. Because of the ebay changes, none of them good for those that sell on ebay, I have started my own website at AZV65.com. If you are interested in having me overhaul your water pump, please contact me at the email on my site.

The photos attached are from one I just completed today, it is a 1991. I dissemble, bead blast the housing and reassemble with tooling I have made on my lathe so that it is all at the same dimensions as original. I also give a life time warranty for seal leaks and will repair for no charge, you would remove and send it to me at your cost, I will repair and return at my cost, return shipping included.

Thanks, Ride Safe,

Tom
AZV65.com

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Might be interested. I have a 91 ST1100.

Wondering about cost, exactly what you do, and why we have not heard of this before, here on st-owners.

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Might be interested. I have a 91 ST1100.

Wondering about cost, exactly what you do, and why we have not heard of this before, here on st-owners.
Hello, well the one that is pictured is my first one and shipping back to the customer today. This customer noticed I did a good deal of them for other older model Honda's and asked me if I was able to overhaul his, he was ready to scrap the bike. He sent it to me with a kit he purchase on ebay and I discovered he was given the wrong bearing. I have ordered the correct bearings and developed a process to disassemble and overhaul. I have taken the time to make tooling that makes assemble exactly like OEM. I take measurement with a surface plate and a digital height gage before disassembly so it is the same as originally assembled. ALL parts are cleaned, bead blasted well prior to assembly. I now have a listing on my site for this service and have pasted the link below. Thanks for your interest. Tom

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Hi John, that would be perfect, I hope I can help those that love these vintage bikes. Thanks Much. Tom

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
:( For some strange reason that comment makes me realize that I am of a certain vintage too!
Well, our rigs have >2 decades on the clock, the situation on official spares channels start the get critical in some sections...
I too sourced 2 sets of mechanical seals + bearings for ST1100 w/pumps on eBay while they were still avail and put them on the shelf, just in case...

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Do you have parts to replace the impeller?
Not sure what you mean, I can overhaul the pump and use your old housing, impeller and belt pulley, does that answer your question? I have no other parts except the new bearing and seal. Thanks Tom

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Yes. I picked up a used 1100 a while back that seems to run warm. Everything appears OK except the coolant doesn't seem to flow like my other 1100. Thinking the impeller might be worn. May be the gage.

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Hi Ron, I am not overly familiar with the ST's but unless it has so much corrosion that it has rusted away, but that doesn't seem to likely to me. I would make sure your thermostat is working well, there is no air in the cooling system and then make sure the radiator is not plugged or restricted. The radiator with the passages plugged from calcium etc. is what I found on 50% of the old V65's with cooling problems. I am sure, like here in Arizona, you need to have it all very clean and leak free to work properly. Hope that helps. Tom

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I am not overly familiar with the ST's but unless it has so much corrosion that it has rusted away, but that doesn't seem to likely to me.
Actually, we did have one member here, who shall remain nameless, that had an impeller virtually rotted away because the coolant was asked to last way more years than intended.

And it wasn't me.

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Hello everyone, I have a question for you. I now have qty 2 pumps overhauled for the ST1100, 1 is a 92-95 19200-MY3-010 and the other is a 96-02 19200-MAJ-G20. I will be listing them on my website later today, AZV65.com. I would like very much to make them an exchange rather than just selling them without an exchange, they are hard to find. My goal is to keep as may of these in circulation (pun intended):) as possible. So my question is, would this be an issue for anyone, it certainly would save the down time of a bike if the part was in hand at time of repair? I would like to include a core charge to insure the return of a customers old pump and if you agree, what would be a reasonable amount? Any thoughts from the ST community would be great. Just to note, these pump take me twice as much the time as my other pumps I overhaul, obviously cleaning being the greatest time. Also, if anyone has old or extra pumps, I would be interested. Thanks in advance. Tom

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
FYI, both pumps are now on my site, links below. Thanks ride safe. Tom

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Hello all, I have now put a kit together for those with a press etc. The kit includes the new bearing and seal as well as a tool I machine so you can remove the impeller without damage. It includes an 18 page pdf with instructions and color photos, this will be e-mailed to you after purchase. The link is below. It also includes free shipping to the lower 48 as well as tax. Thanks Tom

OP
OP
azv65.com

azv65.com

Vendor
Bike
Honda V65, ST1100
Hello everyone, this is Tom that has the vintage water pump overhauls and kits business. I would like to thank those that have used my service in the past and passed on what I do to others. To date 10-4-2021, I have overhauled over 375 water pumps. I have been doing water pump overhauls for many years and I have decided to sell my very unique business. My plan is to sell it or end it in the next 6 to 8 months. With that in mind, if you’re in need or would like to get your pump overhauled before then, please contact me asap. If there is anyone out there that is interested in my business, please email me at azv65@aol.com for more details
Some on my business details below:
I have a very good inventory of overhauled pumps, approx. 100
My website is included (azv65.com)
VERY nice database with details, dimensions, photographs, and notes for about all 50 different models.
Equipment: Bead Blaster, Press, Precision Measuring Equipment. (These are optional if you already have)
Good inventory of parts for all models I overhaul.
Training, hands on if you’re local. Detailed videos if you’re not.
Custom made tooling made for each model
I would like to keep this business going for all those that love their vintage bikes, it is very unique, and I am the only business that does these overhauls. I cannot think of a country I have not shipped a water pump to.
Ride safe and please pass on the word if you know someone that may be interested.
Thanks
Tom

Top Bottom