ST1300 Headlight LED's List

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
The shipping is almost as much as the lights.
There are US sellers. Do a search here and on the interwebs for more options.

Added: Find some other riders who want some and share the shipping costs for more than one pair.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
1) The F2 has been tested and recommended by a forum member with very likely more expertise than anybody here regarding design and application of LED lighting for our bikes. His input helped shaped the F2 and many manufacturers are now copying it.

2) The Vision CSP and PIAA Platinum LED bulbs while untested here do support the emitter alignment and light shield recommended by spiderman302 and found to be acceptable to almost if not every user here who's used them. The emitters are parallel but offset slightly with a light shield over one (low beam I think).

I didn't look at any of the other bulbs because frankly Scarlett... I think you can't go wrong with the F2.

3) I'm doubtful that all of those bulbs will fit an ST unless they're slightly modified. I think the site just plugged in ST1300 2012 because those were your search parameters. If that's the case you'll have to do the lower tab mod. If not- great.

My only complaint with the F2 and a thousand other LED bulbs is their color temp of 6000-6500K. That's a little blue for my taste. If the F2 were available in 5000K I'd want to give it a try.

My LED bulbs are the F2's precursor in 6500K. They're really great if not a little blue.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've got a set of the Katana bulbs spidey linked to in HB5/9007 for my car to replace the factory halogens and they are brilliant. :cool: and aimed properly.

Reactions: Obo

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
@Jammin'John go with that Spidey said with the Katanas. They are the F2's in a different branding. I have a set, they work great.

Here they are, same bulbs, under a different name: https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-9003-F2-LED-Headlight-72W-12000LM-Cree-Chips-White-6K-Driving-Front-H-L-Bulbs-/223491975158

Some of the bulbs in your original link will not work at all as they are designed poorly. They will (may) produce lots of light, but it won't really be usable as the headlight reflector won't be able to focus it where it needs to go.

The F2 has it's LED's place very close to an incandecent bulb's filament locations. It provides more light at less power and the headlight reflector can aim it properly.

1615726650628.png

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
I have been using Cyclops headlights, they have the H6 adapter needed for the ST that you can purchase. One burned out just after the 1-year warranty and I was able to talk them into giving me a 50% discount on a replacement. They are rather expensive at $80 each. But they are super brights 5600K color is nice at 2500 lumens each.

OP
OP
Jammin'John
I have been using Cyclops headlights, they have the H6 adapter needed for the ST that you can purchase. One burned out just after the 1-year warranty and I was able to talk them into giving me a 50% discount on a replacement. They are rather expensive at $80 each. But they are super brights 5600K color is nice at 2500 lumens each.

That is an awesome light BUT
Totally sold out @ Cyclops, estimate End of March ! Worth waiting for ? You had Ultra ?
Other places have it.
Do you have an Honda ST? if so this optional base will be plug and play
H6 base for Honda ST [+$2.00]
Worth getting ?
Yours burned out after one season but you liked them so much that you bought them again. Says a lot. Thanks tnman.
Pricey @ $180
Upgrade To Ultra 10.0 [+$10.00]
One year warranty isn't very good for an expensive light. The cheap ones have that.
JJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jammin'John
@Jammin'John go with that Spidey said with the Katanas. They are the F2's in a different branding. I have a set, they work great.

Here they are, same bulbs, under a different name: https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-9003-F2-LED-Headlight-72W-12000LM-Cree-Chips-White-6K-Driving-Front-H-L-Bulbs-/223491975158

Some of the bulbs in your original link will not work at all as they are designed poorly. They will (may) produce lots of light, but it won't really be usable as the headlight reflector won't be able to focus it where it needs to go.

The F2 has it's LED's place very close to an incandecent bulb's filament locations. It provides more light at less power and the headlight reflector can aim it properly.

1615726650628.png
Those seem good and they've worked in the ST1300 ! $$54.99 or Best Offer they are a steal but they come from China. (doesn't everything ?)

JJ

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Those seem good and they've worked in the ST1300 ! $$54.99 or Best Offer they are a steal but they come from China. (doesn't everything ?)
The ones I posted are the EXACT same ones Spidey posted. I put the picture up so you can see what they look like. They are all made in China by the same company but sold under different reseller names and packaging. You can certainly get them from sellers in the US where they are not shipped on the slow boat from overseas. You pay a bit more for that, but it's worth it. They are available from various e-retailers: Amazon, eBay etc.
I can say there are at least a dozen of us who went with the F2 bulb I pictured above, from various retailers and under different "brand names" but they were the exact same bulb. Everyone has been super happy with them. Spiderman spend a considerable amount of time testing different LED bulbs over the last few years with the ST to see what worked and what didn't. He then worked with the manufacturer of the F2 bulb to tweak it to be very close to an incandescent style bulb. I'm not going to knock what anyone else says is a great bulb, but there is a considerable amount of real use and experience with the F2 bulb and it's all been good.

I went with the "Safego" branded ones. Sold and shipped by amazon.ca. Had them within a week.
1615753626002.jpeg1615753689716.png

F2 led headlight bulbs with LED peanut markers and clear turn lenses with switchback LED turn signal bulbs
1615753774009.jpeg

To compare the bulbs here's what I had before. And this was with the h4 upgrade to the 55/60w halogens from the OEM 45/45w bulb. Stock peanut side markers. I have one clear lens and switch back LED in and the orange one is all stock.

IMG_8075.JPG

Here's another thread in another forum touting the F2 lights. http://www.st-riders.net/index.php?topic=11933.0
They're also touted in a variety of other forums for bikes, cars and trucks that all use an H4 9003 bulb.

These will not do you wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jammin'John
This one has a
FIVE YEAR warranty but shitty feedback
89.2% Positive feedback !
This one costs more
96.4% Positive feedback

1 Year Warranty

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
This one has a
FIVE YEAR warranty but shitty feedback
89.2% Positive feedback !
This one costs more
96.4% Positive feedback

1 Year Warranty
These that you posted are what all of us have that bought the "F2" - same bulb as what I posted. Other than 1 or 2 folks that had a failure of a bulb or fan everyone has been happy.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The Cycflops bulbs might be OK off road, but the F2 has three refinements that the 10.0 bulb does not have, focus, beam shape and beam placement.
It is all in the details. This is explained ad nauseum in my other threads.
I am still very happy with the way the F2 works for me.
I have not found anything that is significantly better yet.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
That is an awesome light BUT
Totally sold out @ Cyclops, estimate End of March ! Worth waiting for ? You had Ultra ?
Other places have it.
Do you have an Honda ST? if so this optional base will be plug and play
H6 base for Honda ST [+$2.00]
Worth getting ?
Yours burned out after one season but you liked them so much that you bought them again. Says a lot. Thanks tnman.
Pricey @ $180
Upgrade To Ultra 10.0 [+$10.00]
One year warranty isn't very good for an expensive light. The cheap ones have that.
JJ
I have an ST and the adapter works. As for plug-and-play, they are not an easy installation, it may just be me though. I installed them without removing anything from the bike. My hand was all cut up and I had to make sure the garage door was closed and nobody was home because I was doing a lot of yelling and cursing at the stupid thing. I'm sure if I would have removed the housing It would have been easier but I didn't want to disassemble everything. If I remember correctly, I had to cut the rubber boot just slightly to get it to fit properly. If the others are truly plug-and-play I would get them.
As for the upgrade, I did not get it. The upgrade keeps the low beam LED on even when the high is on so you get both. when I first purchased they did not offer so I wanted them to look the same.
As for buying them again, I will tell you I was a bit reluctant at the price and failure in just over a year, I told the nice lady that I would not be paying almost $200 a year for headlights to ride per season. She reassured me it was a fluke and so far she has been correct. I have ridden over 15,000 miles over 2+ seasons now with no issues.
I'm not trying to talk you into them, just telling you my experience. If I could find a true plug-and-play LED that has a good track history I would but at the time they all had horrible reviews or needed to be heavily modified for the ST.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
The F2's are almost plug and play.

All I had to do was to remove the 2 lower locating tabs off the bulb, just as you do with any H4 bulb. Just a little bend and snap them off.
There were no adapters required and no cutting of the rubber boots.
I'd have said they were plug and play but it took about 30 seconds to remove the 4 tabs. :)

As for could you install them without removing some of the tupperware, likely yes.
I however like my knuckles unscathed and blood pressure low :) I also wanted to replace the peanut lights and I couldn't get my hands in there to get them out or back in without removing some of the plastics. I fiddled for a while trying to remove the h4 halogen bulbs without remove any tupperware and decided it wasn't going to happen with my beefy hands, so I chose removal and easy access. To me it was worth doing it this way. It also allowed me to attach the ballasts to headlight assembly with some industrial velcro vs zip tying them to something in the dash.

Top Bottom