ST1300 Headlight LED's List

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
To see twice as far you need 4 times more light.
To see three times as far you need 8 times more light.
To see four times as far you need 16 times more light.
The silver star lights are only 10 to 20% more light which might be measurable but not really useful.
It is a laughable marketing hype.

Our present halogen low beam lighting system is inadequate for the speeds that we drive at night. A very known fact.
The F2 bulb, and its clones, has the correct brightness and focus to see the minimum necessary distance to be safe at speed with minimal glare to opposing traffic.
Those of you who have upgraded and carefully adjusted your beam can validate this statement.

Sorry to be a broken record, here but this has to be repeated and understood that we are making a proper calculated improvement and not being crazy and inconsiderate. It is about safety for everyone.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
@spiderman302 imagine, I don't even have the halogen upgrade. I am still on the stock OEM version headlights on my ST1100.

I like to run at night, on freeway. Less heat, less traffic. Lots of area have no lights at all.

So, yeah... I'm in for improved vision and safety.

Thank you for your time and efforts.
I really appreciate the work you have done and the information you have put on the forum.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Our present halogen low beam lighting system is inadequate for the speeds that we drive at night. A very known fact.
Nothing brought this to light for me than getting on my ST at night for the first time. It's headlights are more for conspicuity than safe nighttime operation. But I don't ride much at night and am extra cautious when I do. But I am comfortable riding at night.

Then I went to 55/65W bulbs and that was an improvement. Then the G6 LEDs precursor to the F2s. Wow. They were so good I got a set of F2s for my car. Very illuminating.

Top Bottom