ST1300 heat Air Ram

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yes. Various combinations of PVC pipe have been employed over the years.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I've been considering more engine heat escape routes also since my 08 gets hotter than I would like on my shins as I ride. No amount of tuning seems to help. It works like a new one and gets excellent fuel mileage.
Maybe just leave the crash bar covers off and see what happens? I've mounted some highway pegs recently and didn't bother to try and cut/modify the covers to fit over them yet. I wondered if riding without them would lower the heat blast on my shins? Since the days are cooler now, I never got a chance to test that theory this year on leaving them off on hot sunny days for heat relief. This time of year though, I welcome the heat!

Attachments

OP
OP
maddog13
Bike
CBR500R
I've been considering more engine heat escape routes also since my 08 gets hotter than I would like on my shins as I ride. No amount of tuning seems to help. It works like a new one and gets excellent fuel mileage.
Maybe just leave the crash bar covers off and see what happens? I've mounted some highway pegs recently and didn't bother to try and cut/modify the covers to fit over them yet. I wondered if riding without them would lower the heat blast on my shins? Since the days are cooler now, I never got a chance to test that theory this year on leaving them off on hot sunny days for heat relief. This time of year though, I welcome the heat!
I find that as long as it is below 30 C then I'm fine if it above 35 C I roast. That's about 85 and 95 for my america friends

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Nice looking bike for sure. It looks to be a great 2003.

Ugly contraption on the side needs taken off, it isn't possible to be that hot up where you are. It makes a good looking bike terrible.

OP
OP
maddog13
Bike
CBR500R
Nice looking bike for sure. It looks to be a great 2003.

Ugly contraption on the side needs taken off, it isn't possible to be that hot up where you are. It makes a good looking bike terrible.
It has been remove. I was just wondering if it would make any difference. If it had worked I was going to come up with something that looked OK over the winter.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Again, tune the bike correctly and you won’t have a heat issue to worry about.
I just helped a fellow member with his bike, and it was running very hot 140 degrees at the side of the tank after just a few minutes of idling, then after adjusting a few things, and letting it idle on the table lift for about 30 minutes, it only reached 112 degrees.
The member even had baker wings on it to help with the heat, which I removed to show him that he didn’t need them afterwards etc.
After a long test ride he didn’t feel the need to put them back on yet.

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Again, tune the bike correctly and you won’t have a heat issue to worry about.
I just helped a fellow member with his bike, and it was running very hot 140 degrees at the side of the tank after just a few minutes of idling, then after adjusting a few things, and letting it idle on the table lift for about 30 minutes, it only reached 112 degrees.
The member even had baker wings on it to help with the heat, which I removed to show him that he didn’t need them afterwards etc.
After a long test ride he didn’t feel the need to put them back on yet.
Waiting for that article to be posted to the site to help members accomplish this.

Bike
2005 st1300
I think you should be looking higher Kev. I have the add-on wind deflector package and I have no heat on my shins but if I move my legs out from behind the fairing, I can definitely feel the heat blast you're talking about, but mine is coming from the vents and openings around the cylinder heads. I would suggest the wind deflector package if it were available, but we know that's a dead end. I know nothing about the Baker wings, but I have heard they work. I know they mount up high somewhere, possibly directing cylinder head air away from the rider. That might be something to look into.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Waiting for that article to be posted to the site to help members accomplish this.
Really? we probably both know how that would go :well1:
You know who would be the first to start :potstir1:
Then before you know it....:d1:
And I'd be sent a nice little PM message :rofl1:
Besides, you know me, I have trouble even posting pictures ;)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Really? we probably both know how that would go :well1:
You know who would be the first to start :potstir1:
Then before you know it....:d1:
And I'd be sent a nice little PM message :rofl1:
Besides, you know me, I have trouble even posting pictures ;)
So...No is the answer, thanks for your valuable contributions.

Top Bottom