ST1300 - Mice Damage

Bike
2010 ST1300
Cycleterminal.com has connectors and tools for crimping. So does easternbeaver.com, but shipping is prohibitive unless you are buying about $100 worth of stuff from them. You can probably salvage the old connector with the appropriate tool (or a long needle) to depress the little finger that holds the spade in the plastic housing. If the remaining wire is too short, you will have to splice in a piece for each conductor using heat shrink tubing and crimp type butt splices. I'd stay away from the butt splices that are self soldering with the application of heat - I read some really bad (but descriptive) evaluations on Amazon. If you must use these, got to a real auto store (around here Napa is good, O'reilly's and Autozone not as good, imo). Then crimp on new spades (male or female) to the new wire and insert them into the plastic housing.

I'm assuming a fuse did not blow...but if it did, replace it after you make the repairs.

OP
OP
Thank you for quick reply. I have fixed the connector but now problem is one injector not pulsing. it is starting but dyeing. I have check the continuity from the injector to the ECU pin. I have the continuity. I have check the other wire that one also have the continuity from the injector to the yellow junction below the throttle body. I am thinking my ECU is shorted . May be need an ECU

Attachments

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
That yellow box is several of the ground wires.
There are several more attached to the frame under the left rear side of the fuel tank, and another ground box that is yellow near the right mirror behind the headlight.

V4 Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300A4P
Honda came up with bright idea of bringing multiple earth wires to half a multi pin connector and using a metal bridge to join them altogether.

Not their greatest invention.

Remove cover, extract and clean metal bridge, refit and solder all the pins to guarantee a good connection.

There is another troublesome one above headlights that causes lots of problems.

Bike
2009 ST 1300PA
As a preventative measure, put a small rag with a few drops of peppermint oil in any engine space. I use this in lawn mowers, bikes, and cars. Rodents for some reason hate the smell and will stay away.

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
BTDT (check the Oct 2018 updates and photos), injector sub-harness is the easiest fix. I wouldn't go the ECU route until you're positive the wiring is correct.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Is your fuel pump functioning properly? Not just initially.
Was there/are there any fault codes present?

Any injector fault causes the ECM to disable the fuel pump. It will not re-energize the fuel pump until the injector fault has been corrected and the related fault code cleared.

OP
OP
Thank you everybody. My fuel pump prime when i turn ignition on , kill switch on , it starts but die. I check one injector pulse is missing. Andrew I think you are right.

Top Bottom