ST1300 trip odometer and clock issue

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
So which one looks like a bird beak?
Is this a trick? :rolleyes:
If I had to guess it's your standard combination wrench (beak and donut) that people don't know the name of.

1676254181664.png1676254684528.png
(look Ma, it's a rare 10mm!)

I don't think they make alligator wrenches with "donuts," only with an adjustable. Yes, we have some these. lol

1676254403757.png

I don't have any of these!

1676254449049.png

Which is what happens when your battery is dying, and it does not have enough juice to run a system check, thus re-setting the clock to 1:00a.m.
You really need to check the battery with a volt meter to see how much it drops with just turning the key on, then again, when hitting the starter button.
Are you using a stock OEM battery (Yuasa) or a smaller aftermarket battery?
If your using a smaller, non-OEM battery, it may not have enough juice to do what the bike needs to do.
If its not the battery (which I doubt) then you could have a short in your wiring somewhere etc.
Start with testing the battery.
Just an update for everyone as today I decided to investigate the issue; started at the back on the dash, check the red/green wire on the rhs plug and sure enough only had 2V instead of 12V. Went straight to the fuse box and after exposing all the wires I found the issue!! Clearly someone had been there previously as the red/green wire had some tape around it but it was practically separated!! Then noticed that the large red/white wire was covered in green “mould”and was hardly on!! All cleaned up and soldered back together.

Should have taken some better pictures but just wanted to make everyone aware.

Attachments

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Thanks for posting the picture.
Glad you found it, and got it sorted out.
Also check the ignition wire connectors just in front of the main ones on the left side of the bike, as they have a habit of doing this, causing the bike to try and hot wire itself.

Thanks for posting the picture.
Glad you found it, and got it sorted out.
Also check the ignition wire connectors just in front of the main ones on the left side of the bike, as they have a habit of doing this, causing the bike to try and hot wire itself.
I’ll keep that in mind - any pictures of exactly where to look?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
There is a second shroud cover just in front of the main wiring connector that has 3 connectors in it, probably a black one, a red one, and a white one, etc.
I'll try and find a picture of one for you when I have time.

Top Bottom