Stuff Stopper fender Extender

SilverBullet

Harold Buckner
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I installed my Stuff Stopper a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would share some photos. Thanks to Larry "Blue One" for all the hard work that went into it. It turned out real nice and it blends right in with the fender and tire.

He has a few more made up...so get yours while their still warm...:D

Attachments

Money well spent. I received mine last week and finally put it on Sat. Have not ridden with it yet, but it looks great and will definitely help keep bike clean. A perfect fit!!

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Thanks very much for posting the pictures. That does look nice on the red.

Interesting how it appears grey in your photos,while it really is very black. The texture is also pretty close to being the same as the rest of the ST's black plastic.

Larry.

Byron

STOC #
Looks great with the right color contrast.

Take a close look at your next to last picture. You will notice that the lower front cowl is actually behind the holder slot in the side faring. Thought you might like to know.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
I will be molding another dozen Fender extenders this week after selling out this past weekend.

If you want to have your name put on one, drop me a PM. They have been going out nicely :) , I sent out 7 last weekend.

Thanks guys.

Larry.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Larry, any thoughts of making a run using a smooth (non-textured) plastic?
Actually Fred, I could do one special order for anyone who would want the smooth plastic look.

The plastic I use is textured one side so I could mold the texture to the inside. That would not be too bad as the texture is pretty tight in surface smoothness.

Would not be a problem having the texture inside IMO.

Or, if that wouldn't be desireable I could see if smooth both sides plastic was available.

I would likely have to bump my price a couple dollars if I were going to buy a small piece of plastic to mold one unit.

Larry.

Last edited:

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Well the dust has cleared from the weekend and I have 5 STuff SToppers (fender extenders ;) ) out of 12 still available.

If you want one sent out to you quickly you know what to do :D

Larry.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Just so everyone knows, the smooth option is out ! I tried and the texture came through to the smooth side anyway.

Smooth plastic of the size and type I use is made by the manufacturer, but no one stocks it. To bring it in they require a very large order.

So, textured and black is your choice! Which works out good anyway as the texture and color matches the rest of the ST's plastic very well.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) How do they attach to the existing fender?
2) When wax is applied to the OEM fender and some wax gets on the textured black plastic, does the white residue become obvious? Even if wiped down?
3) Cost?

Thanks
Andrew

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) How do they attach to the existing fender?
2) When wax is applied to the OEM fender and some wax gets on the textured black plastic, does the white residue become obvious? Even if wiped down?
3) Cost?

Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew

1) They attach to the fender with ABS glue. They become a ridgid part of the fender.

2) Yes , wax will show on the black, just as it will on the rest of the STs plastic although on the fender extender the texture is smoother and easier to clean than the STs original plastic.

The solution is to use a product like Turtle wax Ice which leaves no white residue and can be used on the black plastic too. Meguires also makes a similar product.

3) The cost is $40 US sent to your address.

Sent you a PM.

Top Bottom