Stuff Stopper fender Extender

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Well I had a busy day. I molded 24 fender extenders :) 12 STuff SToppers for the ST and 12 for the Concours.

I modified my molds so they now release easily from the formed plastic. Made life a little easier.

I have a few orders to fill, and the local Honda shop here has caught wind of my fender extenders and wants to stock them.

Sooo on Monday I will make my first delivery to the dealers accessory dept. :)

In modifying my mold I also worked out any little areas which I felt needed attention so they ( the extenders ) are very nice.

Anyway the update is complete !

All that remains is for you guys who don't have one yet to place your orders ;)

Larry.

DAG

Hi Larry. Got mine put on finally and just wanted to let you know how it worked out. Great product, easy to install, and looks good. Thanks again,

Darren

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Hey guys, got some STuff SToppers sitting here looking for new homes and STs to protect !

Order away ,and I'll send one your way. :D

Larry.

You're quite welcome Darren.

Shadowfax-ST

As ridden by Pat
Bike
White 08 ST1300
The cost to the UK would be $56 US, that will include airmail, about 1 week delivery time.

Sent you a PM.
Seen. Brilliant idea and sure to catch on. Tempting, too.

1. How close a tollerance is there in the clearance to the lowest point of the middle cowls only mine are zip-tied and may protrude some 5mm / 1/4in further forward than if they were push-rivited?
  2. Is it necessary to remove the fender to fit with the glue - or could it be drilled and self-tapped screwed like Fender-Extenda kits? (I may have missed this in the thread).
  3. Payment method?

Sorry for questions - mechanicals aren't my natural ability!

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Seen. Brilliant idea and sure to catch on. Tempting, too.

1. How close a tollerance is there in the clearance to the lowest point of the middle cowls only mine are zip-tied and may protrude some 5mm / 1/4in further forward than if they were push-rivited?
  2. Is it necessary to remove the fender to fit with the glue - or could it be drilled and self-tapped screwed like Fender-Extenda kits? (I may have missed this in the thread).
  3. Payment method?

Sorry for questions - mechanicals aren't my natural ability!

Hi Pat, I just sent one over to the UK yesterday to a Pan Clan member.

The clearance is tight, but more than adequate, being about 5/8" from the tire and 5/8" from the cowl. I would replace the push pins, eliminate the zip ties and all would be well.

The best and cleanest way to install is by gluing with ABS glue. The Pan (ST )fender and my extender are both ABS plastic and the chemical melting bond provided by the ABS glue makes a permanent installation.

No screws are needed and yes the fender must be removed for installation but the fender comes off so easily it is no problem.

I have paypal, I'll send you the address so you can order if you like

Larry.

PapaBear

All those who wander
Bike
ST-road/XR-dirt
Larry, Finally got my stopper on today. looks good, should work great.
This will be like Ebay positive feedback: Shipped out fast, product as described, easy install, will do business again:yr1:
Thanks, Mitch
P.S. red is still pretty fast too :nanner1::dr13:

Shadowfax-ST

As ridden by Pat
Bike
White 08 ST1300
Hi Pat, I just sent one over to the UK yesterday to a Pan Clan member...I have paypal, I'll send you the address so you can order if you like

Larry.
Thanks for the info, Larry. It's a great product but with a 2nd HID and new rear caliper on the horizon I'll have to pass for now...but on my 'to-do' list.

Cheers,

VROOOOOOM! :wht13:
White has no metallic flake; therefore, less weight or friction so MUST be fastest! > >> >>> >>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Well, the weekend was busy, lots to do. But on top of it all ,the BMW demo ride and everything else I managed to mold a bunch of fender extenders.

So sitting on my workbench ready to go are a dozen units ! Looking for a new home on your ST ;)

Larry.

Bike
2005 ST
Larry , I just wanted to thank you for the Stuff Stopper. It looks great , works great and it was a pleasure yakking with ya while you installed it on my fender. It's a quality piece and I recommend it to anybody thinking of getting one .

Zane.

Last edited:

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Larry , I just wanted to thank you for the Stuff Stopper. It looks great , works great and it was a pleasure yakking with ya while you installed it on my fender. It's a quality piece and I recommend it to anybody thinking of getting one .

Zane.
No problem it was good to meet you. Ride safe and have a good summer. I'm looking forward to Westoc myself. :)

Still molding if anyone else wants one ;)

Larry.

Krynn

Mana-mana, doo doo da-do-doo!
I've seen the photos posted earlier in this thread and I'm seriously considering ordering one. Does anyone have a photo or three of what this looks like from a short distance away? The other photos posted earlier are helpful, but they're all close-up shots and I'm kinda curious what it would look like with the whole bike in view. I'm guessing that it'd be hard to spot if you weren't paying attention and not look out of place if you did see it, but I'd like to be sure.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
I've seen the photos posted earlier in this thread and I'm seriously considering ordering one. Does anyone have a photo or three of what this looks like from a short distance away? The other photos posted earlier are helpful, but they're all close-up shots and I'm kinda curious what it would look like with the whole bike in view. I'm guessing that it'd be hard to spot if you weren't paying attention and not look out of place if you did see it, but I'd like to be sure.
Hope someone posts a picture, if I had my bike back together I'd take one and post it.

I have heard comments along the lines of it blending in with the tire and being almost invisible from a little ways as its black.

Also heard that people who have seen it and not known it is an aftermarket piece having thought it was OEM.

Larry.

STOC #
Hope someone posts a picture, if I had my bike back together I'd take one and post it.

I have heard comments along the lines of it blending in with the tire and being almost invisible from a little ways as its black.

Also heard that people who have seen it and not known it is an aftermarket piece having thought it was OEM.

Larry.

I have one on my bike - look closely!

Last edited:

Krynn

Mana-mana, doo doo da-do-doo!
Thanks Fred! That's exactly what I was hoping to see!

It looks like I'll need to send Larry some money soon. :burnout

gepol

Greek Guy
Bike
ST1300A 2008
Just got mine from Larry, thanks man, its very nice, fits perfectly, good job :)

Having trouble to glue it, I probably used the wrong adhesive, will post photo when I sort this out....

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Just got mine from Larry, thanks man, its very nice, fits perfectly, good job :)

Having trouble to glue it, I probably used the wrong adhesive, will post photo when I sort this out....
You absolutely need to use ABS solvent cement (glue) It's the only thing that will work. You can get it at any building supply who sells ABS plastic plumbing drainpipe. It's the same glue used for that.

Once you get the proper glue you will have no problems.

The ABS glue melts the plastic together somewhat giving a really good bond.

Larry

Top Bottom