Sunday, April 14th...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
... the day after we made the earth flat... err... the lawn...

G'Day folks,

two mugs Capriccio, soft boiled eggs, some slices of home made white bread... butter, jam, the whole routine...
Still kinda sore back, combined with a "gotta low oil pressure" sensation...
Spent yesterday with distributing about 1000kg lawn sand to get rid of (most of) the unevenness in my GF's lawn...
After ~4 years the turf has grown quite wavy, causing the robo mower to bounce like the Apollo Lunar Rover...

IMG_20240413_113658_077.jpg IMG_20240413_113613_873.jpg IMG_20240413_113614_493.jpg IMG_20240413_113613_802.jpg

That leveling rake was the best investment ever... harsh to move though, but a great invention...

Sure the place looks like wasteland now will take 2~3 weeks to grow over, but it's gonna be smooth... except the cat and pine-marten footprints that appeared over night... damn critters...

Head out to the shed later on, converting my ST1100 to "wireless"... more on that later :cool:

Cheers!

Bike
VStrom 650
Kinda sore? I can feel mine and I'm just looking at it. I'll have a coffee whilst we discuss spring aches and pains. I was out for about 5 hours yesterday before the rain stopped play, weedin, plantin, movin, muckin, enjoyin.
Like the rake. Snazzy.
The weather, it's OK but cooler, 40 to 51, lighter winds too after yesterdays 40 to 50 mph blow. Pffffffftttttt.
Started The B yesterday when the rain started, first prod since October and she purred. I must get it MOT'd.
What will today bring to the list of some'ats, dunno, but by definition it'll be some'at.
Av a gud un and remember, this is how it starts. Pffffffftttttt.
Upt.

Bike
VStrom 650
... the day after we made the earth flat... err... the lawn...

G'Day folks,

two mugs Capriccio, soft boiled eggs, some slices of home made white bread... butter, jam, the whole routine...
Still kinda sore back, combined with a "gotta low oil pressure" sensation...
Spent yesterday with distributing about 1000kg lawn sand to get rid of (most of) the unevenness in my GF's lawn...
After ~4 years the turf has grown quite wavy, causing the robo mower to bounce like the Apollo Lunar Rover...

IMG_20240413_113658_077.jpg IMG_20240413_113613_873.jpg IMG_20240413_113614_493.jpg IMG_20240413_113613_802.jpg

That leveling rake was the best investment ever... harsh to move though, but a great invention...

Sure the place looks like wasteland now will take 2~3 weeks to grow over, but it's gonna be smooth... except the cat and pine-marten footprints that appeared over night... damn critters...

Head out to the shed later on, converting my ST1100 to "wireless"... more on that later :cool:

Cheers!
A bike without wires, I've got to see this!

Bike
2003 ST1300
Good Sunday Morning y'all!
Thanks @ST1100Y for the nice start!
Coffee? OK, yeah I'll have the large mug...

Shoulders and back! Got 'em a workout too yesterday.
Digging in the Bahama dirt (really just rock) ain't no fun and them things are HEV-Y.
More of the same today as I complete part of a drain around the barn. Darn gravity.

The wind finally died down in the late afternoon but by then, I was showered and flopped in the easy chair.
Today will commence with a trip to the store for some pipe and other sundries to help control the gravity.

Yeah @SupraSabre , I get the whole c-ment block and tractor thing!

Y'all have a windyfill day!

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the coffee @ST1100Y! That sand should help, once it settles.

It's 44°F and clear in Rockville where the sky to the east is decidedly lighter than what's to the west, heralding the imminent reappearance of Mr. Sun. Once that happens we're on track to see a high of 78 with less wind than yesterday's steady 15 with gusts of 25+.

I'm done with the lower stage of the sewing cabinet! Today I'll move it out of the active work area, and start putting finish on the doors. Between coats, I must, simply must, get out for a bicycle ride because on Friday I'm scheduled to begin my next self-propelled adventure.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Morning all and thanks for the coffee @ST1100Y. There's a bit of sand my cup, but as long as there's no cat or pine-martin fertilizer in it, I'm good.

It's a wetish day here, being 6C and raining. We should see a cloudy 9C as a high.

A bike without wires, I've got to see this!
1713091377599.png

There's even a video of the guy building it from scratch if you're so interested...

Now if you want a funny woodworking video, B for bike is fine, but you should really start at A as in this clip.

On a more @Sadlsor-ish GS-ish note, I have a possible date to pickup the new Wing now of April 27th. It's been sitting in storage at the dealer going into 4 months now. It's a sign I may be at the end of 7 months of PMS. (parked motorcycle syndrome.)

Hope everyone has an excellent Sunday and gets some needed rest if you overdid it yesterday.

Obo.

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, @ST1100Y

It's sunny and 41 in MA this morning, becoming cloudy and later rainy while rising to 58.

We got off and on rain, yesterday, which kept me out of the yard. Maybe today.
I was talking over IM's to one of my fellow corner marshalls, and we'll try to meet up with one of the guys who coordinates for the local track.
She comes down from NH to flag there, but it's 15 minutes from home.
Dinner later.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Whisker Bill

(Brian)
Site Supporter
STokes Bay, Ontario & migrating to Florida
Bike
2007 ST1300
Good morning all!
Thanks for the Sandy start @ST1100Y!
I woke to a light show this morning, complete with sound! Pffffft

We need the yard to dry a bit before that bin leaves, or we may have a really big mess by the time it gets to the road!

I’m not sure what I’ll get accomplished today!
Enjoy your Sunday!
WB

IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1884.jpeg

Bike
VStrom 650
Is this a story over on your side of the pond?
"Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney cry ‘tears of joy’ as Wrexham promoted
Wrexham AFC have gone from the Conference National to League One in two seasons under their Hollywood owners."
Just so you know, and no it doesn't make any sense, league one is the third tier of English and Welsh football.
Just wondering.
Upt.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
'Morning, all, and thanks for the coffee, Martin!

The sun has been shining happily this morning, just to give us a break, but the clouds are creeping back in and we'll get more rain this afternoon and evening. 6°C/43°F now, going to 12°C/54°F, but it's still a little breezy, so there's a bit of a windchill. There are no leaves on the trees yet, but the grass is getting greener and there are flowers coming up, so spring seems to be springing. The forecasters say that parts of Ontario and Quebec will get snow this week, but it doesn't look like it will affect Montreal. It's enough with the snow, already! Sheesh and ppffffttt.

Right...got a stack of things on the agenda today, so I must crack on. Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks for the coffee Martin!

My rear luggage rack is postponed for now... as I'll need to get under the rear seat to complete the trailer wiring for the GSA, I realized that needs to be done first... there is no key release for the aluminum rack, it bolts into place.

The more pressing project, at least in Roz' eyes, is the kitchen wall sheetrock. I thought my Dremel with a small saw attachment would be ideal to cut a smooth section, but I nearly burned up the motor. Maybe a battery-powered circular saw, in size extra small, will work better? I'll let you know.

So, back to Home Despot I reckon.

But first, ...you guessed it, another cup of coffee.

@Obo ...get that Wing!
20240414_074712.jpg

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I thought my Dremel with a small saw attachment would be ideal to cut a smooth section, but I nearly burned up the motor. Maybe a battery-powered circular saw, in size extra small, will work better? I'll let you know.
Maybe a Sawzall (reciprocating straight-bladed saw)?

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
The more pressing project, at least in Roz' eyes, is the kitchen wall sheetrock. I thought my Dremel with a small saw attachment would be ideal to cut a smooth section, but I nearly burned up the motor. Maybe a battery-powered circular saw, in size extra small, will work better? I'll let you know.
What are you trying to cut? Drywall should cut with an razor knife (score and snap for uninstalled bits) and either a knife or saw for in the wall.
For in wall a powered oscillating tool works too.

1713099111932.png

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Maybe a Sawzall (reciprocating straight-bladed saw)?
Already have one, but that would punch through the wall on the other side (the dining room is over there.)

...and either a knife or saw for in the wall.

1713099111932.png
That's what created the opening you see there. I want a cleaner cut.

Top Bottom