Sunday, April 14th...

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Cut out this bit with the razor knife.

Cut and fit the new piece in and trim to fit.

The mud and tape will cover any gaps in there. It doesn't have to be perfectly straight or fit precise.

1713099785294.png

And if that white wire with the yellow wire nuts is 120v live, you've got to put it in a box and put a false plate on it (or another plug there.) You CAN'T hide boxes in a wall / ceiling etc. and having dead ended wires 120v in there is also unsafe and illegal.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST 1300
good morning all. thank you @ST1100Y for the coffee. 57F on the dog walk with a lot of stars and a few clouds to view as we walked. today will see us headed to Coolidge for dog training this morning. afternoon is open with out any plans just what ever the day brings. one thing it will bring is 85F for the high. enjoy the day.

stay safe

Bike
2014 ST1300
Morning all! Sunny and 6C with a high of 13C.

Got the new battery in the ST yesterday and it fired right up. I was sorely tempted to take off for a lengthy test ride. At my last appointment the surgeon said to hold off a month till the next appointment but that's not till the 25th and that's just cruel. A short ride....say a couple hours wouldn't hurt....right? Course it's not the riding that's the concern but as with airplanes it's the landing.

Sadlsor, there are electric drywall saws;
1713105966072.png

But I don't know, given what's behind yours that I'd want to be running a power tool through there unless you're in the market for a perm. :D

Hope everyone has a great day!

Bike
VStrom 650
I don't know how thick your wall board is, UK board is usually around 1/2 inch, with ceiling board at around 3/8.
I would cut board that's in situ with a Stanley Knife, the solid variety with renewable blades, that way you're unlikely to damage anything unexpected inside.
If it's off the wall just a saw.
A knife makes little mess and the edges are pretty good if care is taken and like that little Canadian says tape and board joint filler will soon tidy it up.
The secret is to use a new sharp blade whenever required, it'll go through with little exertion.
Upt.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Decided to go for the ride
Me too. It was a modest 31 mile ride on familiar roads but it more than doubled my total for the year, and got me a few badly-needed prep miles. What a glorious day for it: bright sun, deep blue skies, comfortable temperature with no real humidity, good roads, and for a few miles very congenial companions.

We met at my turnaround point, where a group of ten musicians have been putting on free jam sessions every Sunday afternoon from noon to 4, since the start of COVID four years ago. They don't even put out a hat or instrument case to collect cash- they're there purely for the enjoyment of playing together. Apparently it goes on year round, unless the weather's particularly nasty.
1713120303652.png

My momentary companions- a couple about my age and more-or-less at my speed level, needed to find a place to refill their water bottles; it so happens that I know of a cyclist-friendly convenience store about five miles from where we were. It was on my return route anyhow, and not far off theirs, so I offered to lead the way. As we rode we had a nice time chatting, which helped the miles roll easily past.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Late morning all......

Up early again after a poor night sleep. Big trip to the big city for more fence supplies. You would think this stuff was gold plated...

Sunny and bright and going to mid 70s today. Already mowed the lawn three times this spring.

I feel a nap coming on. See ya tomorrow.
T

Top Bottom