Sunday, Mar 24th...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Ha, easy to be the firST that far eaST... :cool:

Up since around 0425hrs this time... pre-senile insomnia getting worse?! (nah, GF snored like a Grizzly again... ;) )
Anyway, some peace and quiet, gulping my second cup already...
Cold again, only 5°C/40°F, overcast... gonna throw that lying scum of a groundhog on the BBQ once I get the chance...

While I was away on business the whole week, GF got the canopy installed:

photo_2024-03-21_13-54-45.jpg

Of course the pterosaurs $h!t on the glass within the hour... grab a ladder, clean that off...

With a weather protection in place, we can finally even consider refurbing that entrance door, made of 'wood' (or whats claimed to be one these days) it suffered a bit...
Another summer project, justifying the purchase off all those cordless Bosch power tools... :cool:

Gonna enjoy a lazy Sunday, Monday it's 'back to the mines' anyway...

have a good one yourself!

Morning, everyone. And I thought that I’d be first, a few minutes before 0400 local time. I don’t have a girlfriend that snores, but have a 100 lb dog that wakes up barking if he hears the neighbor’s cats fighting or mating. Sounds about the same, either way. Thanks for have the pot ready, @ST1100Y .

It’s 38, with the moon illuminating the back yard, so it must be clear out. The high should reach 68, partly cloudy and mostly breezy. I have some planting of flowers to take care of today, along with thinning some Nandina bushes. Pffftt. Maybe I need to hire a full time gardener, maid too.

John

Good Morning All!
Thanks for the caffitation and sharing pics of the new canopy @ST1100Y ! Looking good.
@Nashcat, your place is looking really nice, John. My barn looked like your "before" last year before the reconstruction.
@SupraSabre the wall grows ever larger! Looks great - how tall will it be? Is that a French drain or just a rock path?

I worked on some internal projects and got them completed yesterday - what a yucky day! The retreat to the shop was wonderful.
Looks like I'll be working the patio between rain events as more wet stuff is headed our way again.
My property being rock, interspersed with clay is not a fun place to dig! Mr Tractor loves to push the rocks though.
The hyperbole channel is cautioning "freeze warning" too - Ugh, I need a break!

This evening is dinner with some friends. The Mrs is in FL doing binge shopping with her friend. We may have to hire a C-130.

Y'all have a winderfill day!

Here's a little fun project for lighting the welcome sign with a solar light.

1711273145249.png

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the start @ST1100Y. That canopy looks like it'll shield the area around the door very effectively.

It's 30°F in Rockville, clear and calm - both welcome changes after yesterday's most-of-the-day soaking followed by more wind in the evening.

with the moon illuminating the back yard

By the time I got up and out to bring in the paper, the moon was a yellowish-orange disk just over the western horizon, already well below treetop level. I'd hardly have seen it at all, had the neighbor not sent their dogs out to bring in their papers (the dogs are retrievers, and love fetching the paper each morning) at the same time, causing me to glance in that direction.

It'll get to maybe 54 under sunny skies at the peak.

We'll hang out here today. My BIL has some work to do on a forthcoming book to which he's contributing significantly, then a friend will come by this afternoon for a couple hours. Both he and my BIL lived in Senegal in the early 80s, so I thought it'd be interesting to get the two of them together to see what things they might have in common despite a ten+ year age difference.

Last Friday evening as I was running an errand, every warning light and electronic systems alert on my CR-V lit up simultaneously. There are more than just the usual Check Engine and low oil pressure light (though both of those are on, too): Electric Parking Brake, Vehicle Stability System, Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Emissions Monitoring, TPMS, Electronic Fuel Injection... and a few more.

So, the car went to the dealer's stealer's shop yesterday afternoon and will remain until Monday. I've agreed to pay over $600 to replace the AC control unit (I don't understand what's wrong with it, and the only info I got was that it was a "Critical Item", making me feel like I had little choice or discretion in the matter) but they still haven't told me what the root cause of the Christmas tree of warning lights was, so I'll have to remember to ask when I collect it. I have about a 10 percent degree of confidence in getting a straight and intelligible answer, and truthfully as long as the dang thing works I'm not likely to care since there's damn-all I could do about it anyway. In the meantime I have a loaner Accord sedan. It's comfortable enough, and entirely adequate to my basic needs, but I do find that I miss the more elevated seating of the CR-V. That's why I bought it to begin with.

There's also an outstanding fuel pump recall but it's a worldwide issue, affecting over 2.5 million CR-Vs (and maybe other models as well) so it's a matter of waiting for the replacement part to be manufactured and become available.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, COFFEE!!
I need a couple cups the morning!
18F right now and clear wit the sun finally waking up. The bad part is that it is shining on what appears to be over a foot of fresh snow. It snowed steadily yesterday, towards evening switching to what appeared to be a little icy rain and then appearing to end. Tractor and I were lazy and stayed indoors, me doing nothing and Tractor sleeping. Well, apparently after dusk the storm came back and left several more inches!
Looks like clearing the driveway will be a longer task than I thought!

Be safe, be careful, and don't put away the winter woolies just yet!

Scott

I’m back for another cup. I now have 2 hours of household chores behind me, since my last post. I need to mow today, but I believe that Teddy had rather me ride the bike than the mower. He may be right.

@ibike2havefun Keith, an inexpensive code reader will pay for itself, if it saves only one trip to the dealer stealer. You might not be able to clear the all codes, but sometimes you’re able to call BS on the service department.

There's also an outstanding fuel pump recall but it's a worldwide issue, affecting over 2.5 million CR-Vs (and maybe other models as well) so it's a matter of waiting for the replacement part to be manufactured and become available.

The fuel pump shortage is also affecting the recall on some of the 2018+ Goldwings. The plastic impeller is swelling, causing it to bind.

John

Thanks for the early coffee! It's good, but I'm trying to figure out the origin of one from so far to our east. Not Turkish, maybe Ethiopian or Kenyan?
I'll have another in a few minutes, and maybe it will come to me. I made extra over here, as I have a new tech job at church... mixing sound for our outbound live stream at church. I had a crash course in the basics a couple days ago, but I'll still get there early so I can practice during the first service. Only the second service is broadcast, but I can bring a thermos with my BR blend.
The full-ish moon here was pretty cool last night, in our clear skies, but it's overcast and cool this morning. 41 here now, we'll maybe see 64 later.
Best get going, I'll check back later.

Yeah, its weekend ...

... and what do females hate the most??

... seeing their fella hanging around (seemingly) doing n o t h i n g ...

... so, right "out of nowhere", they come up with a project ... ;)

photo_2024-03-24_12-39-35.jpg

Alright, her grand kid's bike got it's training wheels installed (GF made an attempt herself, loosening the wheel-bearing adjusters in the process... )

... I'm off, pouring another cup (dang, 4 already...)

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, @ST1100Y. That canopy DOES look good.
Our little girl, Freya, has had breakfast, lap time, and is now resting somewhere comefortable.

Yesterday's rain is ovah, and we've got some partly cloudy sky showing through. We never did get more than a touch of snow/freezing rain.
It's currently 23, going to 43, and we'll have a mix of sun and clouds, today.

As predicted, we did a lot of nothing, yesterday, except a bit of grocery shopping before dinner. I was all-in for some pasta, until I saw that one of their specials was Chicken Cordon Bleu. That and some Mac-n-Cheese made for a tasty meal.

Today's plan is the same as yesterday's plan.
I do hope to get out for a walk, at some point, before going to Linner at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Thanks to @sah48 for the inadvertent snow report. I've got one last day on my ski ticket at Loon Mtn, and I'll take advantage of the new snow, maybe Tuesday.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

The fuel pump shortage is also affecting the recall on some of the 2018+ Goldwings. The plastic impeller is swelling, causing it to bind.

I'm aware of that recall. I haven't seen the actuall recall in the mail, and rumor has it that parts aren't available, yet, but I'll ask about it when I call to have them ready the Wing for release from storage.

Good morning all!
Thanks for the start ST1100Y!
It’s a nice quiet morning here in Woodstock!
21F headed to a high of 36 with a nasty blow out of the east later on.

We took a wee drive yesterday to check out a trailer that I hoped would fit my needs, alas it had too much crusty rust beneath. It was heavier built than I required, but I didn’t want to bother going the sandblasting & painting route. So I passed on it. Probably end up with a new aluminum tandem top deck unit.
Here’s hoping Patty gets moved without any more trouble!
Enjoy your Sunday!
WB

Greetings, Earthlings. Thanks for the coffee, Martin!

Lovely, brilliant sunshine and cloudless sky today, but still chilly at -6°C/21°F to 1°C/34°F (windchills of -10°C/14°F and -2°C/28°F). Temps will warm up considerably as of tomorrow, so hopefully a lot of this new snow will disappear...the sooner, the better.
If my mother were still alive, she would be turning 102 today.

OK, gotta scramble, not much time left. Have a good one, everybody, stay safe, go safely.

Patty

good morning all. thanks for the coffee. 45F on the dog walk. had to wait an hour to go as it was raining hard. once the rain ended it was partly cloudy with a big bright moon to light the way. we planed to go to Coolidge for dog training but waiting to see how much rain they got. the weather station at 4am said they had light rain. the high should see 60F. enjoy the day.

stay safe

Morning all! Dark and 5C right now with fog, sun and 13C later.

We're headed into the big city later today to drop of bottles for our daughter's sorority bottle drive and to give her a piece of furniture for her new apartment. Might even see if I can convince my wife to do a drive by of the new job location so I can get my bearings. May need to do a bit of clothes shopping as well as next weekend, being Easter, will be taken up with family, friends and visiting. It's starting to sink in that unlimited days of leisure and time to accomplish tasks is coming to an end. Oddly enough, I never did get to learning guitar........Pffffft.......

Hope everyone has a great day!

Alright, her grand kid's bike got it's training wheels installed (GF made an attempt herself, loosening the wheel-bearing adjusters in the process... )

... I'm off, pouring another cup (dang, 4 already...)
Glad you made that clear, I was thinking "Gee, I don't recall the GF being THAT short!"
Remember -- always room for coffee!

Morning (or is that evening?) Martin & All from Winter is still here, Southern Utah!

Currently, we are getting snowed on (nothing heavy), and the temp is around 30F, with Winter like conditions for the rest of the morning. Later, we might see 46F, and while there are no winds now, later they'll be coming from the NNW @ 12 to 22 mph.

@nicksacco, I might go one more layer on the block, but I won't know until I see where this 2nd layer sinks into the ground! ;) And yes, that is a French drain. I now have a saw, all need are a couple of square pipes to go through the sidewalk, so it will empty into the gutter. :)

We'll have church in a couple of hours, then I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Lazyman's breakfast, included a banana with it. Pepsi later.

Anyone :bk13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Last edited:
Thx Mr Martin!
Good work on both canopy and coffee!

8˚c/46f, sunny, abit of wind.
Went for a walk along the coast with my missus.
Now to cook dinner for the inlaws et al.

Have a nice one!
Stu

Nice view…..(the ocean..)
View attachment 331117

Hi SToo
I saw this about Norway yesterday!
Do you have to climb up to do this often?
WB
IMG_1812.jpeg

Top Bottom