Swap table. 2024-02-25 ONT, Milton - The Lone Star - 16th Annual

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I cut and pasted this from my post of last year, and prior to that from Gizmo... plagiarism is basic to all cultures. ;) But he does say it best.

A swap table is a convenient to clean out your closet / shelf / garage of the various items you no longer need or want and obtain a little cash to fund future purchases, without having to deal with the hassle of shipping. Basically you post details about the items (i.e. the gloves you bought that were sized incorrectly, the lightly used jacket that no longer fits, the water-proof boot covers you don't need because you have waterproof boots, the extra oil filters because you bought a case of them) and list the price. If someone is interested they let you know and you bring the item with you and swap cash for the item. Unlike, say, auctions, there is no commission paid to anyone...including the swap table organizer:doh1: And occasionally there are items that people are simply willing to pass along to someone else.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Great idea, I'll be bringing a few items, details to follow.

Just a brief note that you're when leaving the items on the table you should mark your items with either the price you'd like or that the item is "free". Maybe use green painter's tape and a Sharpie. This will help to avoid confusion.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Thanks Rob.
While cleaning out the garage I found a bunch of items that may interest members . . . or not. Prices are negotiable.

Prices are as follows:
Leather Riding gloves. Size large: $15
Cow Hide gloves. Size small: Free
FIVE All weather gloves. Size large: $20
ST1300 Air filter. Used. Good. $20
Gorilla Alarm: Free

Hoping the weather cooperates for this RTE but we all know Mother Nature.

Attachments

Last edited:

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
I am offering a Garmin Nuvi 250 (automotive style) up to date with latest maps. Can easily fit in Givi case offered as well. Free.

Garmin Nuvi.jpg

Givi handlebar mounting case, can detach from mount and has waterproof cover. Free

Givi case.jpg

90 degree aluminum stems, were supposed to fit the 1100 rims but rubber is slightly too big at 12.55 mm. Maybe fit other bikes? Free

Valve stems.jpg

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I have NOS (never used). Audiovox Vacuum cruise control with aux vacuum tank with one way vacuum valves (used) wheel sensor kit. Extra harness prewired for ST1100
$50

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Hey Robert, please put my name on that cruise control please. Bruce
Will do.
Have a look at this, so you know what is involved. http://www.st-riders.net/index.php?topic=8170.0
The most daunting, was the removal of the carbs. I drilled and tapped a hole in the bell crank to facilitate hooking up the cruise cable to the throttle body. Once that is done it’s pretty straightforward hooking it up. I put the vacuum canister in the tailpiece. The cruise servo was attached behind the left tip over bar, I routed the cruise cable forward looping it back to attach to the air filter housing. I did not use the wheel sensor but rather relied on the signal from the tachometer to set the speed. I will talk you through the installation. Consider using a Honda GoldWing cruise control switch and throttle control for a cleaner install.
I’ve attached photos of an old one I had installed on my 1990 and then transferred to my 97. The 97 has a lot of PEI red dust on it. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Givi XS308 Tanklock tank bag - $0

This well used tank bag remains functional but the zipper is not 100%. Offering it here at no charge in case someone wants to try the tanklock system without investing $200+ in a tank bag. Here's a link to the specs for the tank bag.

Note - you will need to buy the appropriate tanklock flange for your bike.

Attachments

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Many years ago a really nice guy from Stratford - some of you might know him, sometimes seen riding a Vespa while wearing a kilt - hosted a unique gathering at his shop. The purpose was to teach those in attendance how to make heated socks. I have a pair that have a certain, shall we say, Red Green sort of vibe but they do work.

If you are curious to explore what heated socks feel like this is an inexpensive way to dabble - $0.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom