Thanks Santa

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
ordered in July came in in December? Horrible customer service.

Good tires though

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
are those MTC tires or did you go over to the darkside?

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the bike on the label!

Last edited:

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Michelin Road 6 is a motorcycle tyre (tire) and they don't make a Road 6 car version.... and there's the bike graphic of course!

Some years ago when I worked for them we did a launch of the Michelin Pilot car tyre range, of course they are long since replaced by many different flavours!

I run a mix of Michelin Primacy 4 and Cross Climate on my Volvo S90.....

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Michelin Road 6 is a motorcycle tyre (tire) and they don't make a Road 6 car version.... and there's the bike graphic of course!

Some years ago when I worked for them we did a launch of the Michelin Pilot car tyre range, of course they are long since replaced by many different flavours!

I run a mix of Michelin Primacy 4 and Cross Climate on my Volvo S90.....
I worked for Michelin Bridgewater Nova Scotia (CA2) for 39y3mnths. On the wire side. My last 15 was Tringle responsible

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I was commercial road staff, only worked with them for six years before the feast of the passover in the UK, otherwise known as redundancy just before Christmas '94......

We lived not far from Stoke though, in South Cheshire.... I still get funny looks when I mention words like "tringle".....

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Great tires. The Road 6 rear goes 15,000 miles on my RT. Front somewhat less around 12-13,000. I used to dislike Michelins in the Pilot Road series but the Roads changed the game. All weather grip and long life. Three sets in 50,000 miles on the 4th set now. I run Michelins on the NC700X too (Road 5s not Road 6s on the 700). These 5s are at about 10,000 miles with maybe 20% left in the rear.

I mounted non-GT specs as my RT weighs about 570 lbs as configured. Are those going on an ST1300?

Last edited:
Yeah ,who did you get them from and how much did it cost? Not expecting allot of mileage from the Dunlops roadsmarts 3s I just put on this fall. They were on sale for 300 canadain for a pair, and available.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Five months' wait for a tire?
Who did you order from ...BMW?!
The odd size of the ST rear tire may have something to do with it.

My experience with ordering BMW parts is very positive going back more than 10 years. If it's not in the States it might take a little longer but it's almost always in stock in the NJ warehouse now that pandemic era plant shutdowns are behind us. I like to use Max Stratton BMW (now Max BMW) and they host a parts fiche with search by VIN. BTW in contrast to Honda they support legacy bikes just like current models, none of the "you are SOL it's over 10 years old."

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I have heard good things about Max BMW since my f650 days.
Heckuva ride from Alabama, though...
Seriously, though... no matter the dealer, they will need the bike for software updates and final drive testing. My local dealer said the parts are coming from Germany, little info beyond that.
Even Max and NJ's parts come from Germany, so that in itself is not very revealing.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have heard good things about Max BMW since my f650 days.
Heckuva ride from Alabama, though...
Seriously, though... no matter the dealer, they will need the bike for software updates and final drive testing. My local dealer said the parts are coming from Germany, little info beyond that.
Even Max and NJ's parts come from Germany, so that in itself is not very revealing.
I guess I misunderstood the point of your post. Most parts are available from Max or any dealer quickly. Free driveshafts and service campaign parts are currently in great demand and short supply. You will wait a while for those but in context BMW probably did not expect to have to make available a parts kit for every affected bike in the world. Normal spare parts demand would have been much less and planned inventory would be in place to support dealers.

I ran Metzeler tires for many years until I had a rear tire fail and replaced it with a Michelin. Made me a believer.
I like that they have a neutral tip in without falling like the original Bridgestone's, I am not as aggressive as I thought I used to be. I get about 12000 to 13000 on mine, frequently the sides of the front wear out before the rears. That concerns me not at all, I like to know the front is sticking better.
I gave up trying different tires to see how they work, they keep changing the design and compound before I wear out a set. I also have a Kawasaki Concours and it just loves the GTs, even more than the ST does.

Top Bottom