Thanks Santa

You can tune for that by adjusting the rear suspension height.
Yes, if you lower the rear it changes the rake and trail to neutralize the steering, but does nothing to change the profile of the tire itself. With the more aggressive (pointed) profile the intention is to give you more contact at lean angles which is fine. It is more a personal preference than a condemnation of tire choices, everyone has a different style.
Which is probably why I wear out the front tire more, I think late braking and early throttle up with a more use of front brake without rear assistance is my Achilles heel.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
It's strange how Americans treat the title "Santa Claus" as if it's a Christian name and surname.

"Santa Claus" is just an abbreviation of "Saint Nicholas". Therefore by referring to the fat guy in the red suit as "Santa", you're simply calling him "Saint" rather than his name.

Traditionally he was "Father Christmas" here in Blighty, but Americanism is creating the "Santa" thing here too.

Bah humbug!

humbug.jpg

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It's strange how Americans treat the title "Santa Claus" as if it's a Christian name and surname.

"Santa Claus" is just an abbreviation of "Saint Nicholas". Therefore by referring to the fat guy in the red suit as "Santa", you're simply calling him "Saint" rather than his name.

Traditionally he was "Father Christmas" here in Blighty, but Americanism is creating the "Santa" thing here too.

Bah humbug!
.... User name 'H'ound ??? :rofl1:

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
2024 Miles
Put them on the ST. Did not get to see how long on that bike. At least 6000 miles. On my K1600 GTLE, 14000 plus. A little narly. Looking to replace in 2024. Might flip them while in storage. Normally wait till it’s home. Want to ride when the weather changes. They are great tires.

ATA

Bike
2007 ST1300
I'm looking at the Michelin Road 6 also. See it doesn't come in the GT rating. Is the non GT Road 6 just as good handling as the older 4 & 5 GTs? I'm looking at the Bridgestone Battleax T32 GTs as well. Can get the front and rear in the GT rating. Price on Rocky Mountain ATV is about $390 for both T32 GTs shipped. Also, what mileage can I expect out of the T32 GTs?
Any additional input on this is appreciated!

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
I bought my 07 new in 07. The oem Dunlops did not last long. I drove on PR 2, 3, 4, 5, and some GT of those version ever since. The Road 6 does not come in a GT yet but the Road 6 did not disappoint this summer until a slate rock screwed . A plug patch cured that and I have over 9000km so far. This new will replace the cut one my late June

ATA

Bike
2007 ST1300
I bought my 07 new in 07. The oem Dunlops did not last long. I drove on PR 2, 3, 4, 5, and some GT of those version ever since. The Road 6 does not come in a GT yet but the Road 6 did not disappoint this summer until a slate rock screwed . A plug patch cured that and I have over 9000km so far. This new will replace the cut one my late June
So the Road 6 sounds like the best option. Even though it's not GT rated? What about the Bridgestone Battleax T32 GTs? Hear any good things about them? Mileage?

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
What about the Bridgestone Battleax T32 GTs? Hear any good things about them? Mileage?
I have two 1100s, one with T31s and the other with T32s. I have to use non-GTs to stick with OEM tire sizes, which I prefer for best cornering. I'm also not a high-mileage rider, so I can't really comment on tread life.

So, what good am I? :confused1: I can tell you that, once you get the suspension adjusted for best steering response, they are both great fun and confidence-inspiring. I would encourage you to try the T32 GTs in stock sizes.

Reactions: ATA

ATA

Bike
2007 ST1300
I have two 1100s, one with T31s and the other with T32s. I have to use non-GTs to stick with OEM tire sizes, which I prefer for best cornering. I'm also not a high-mileage rider, so I can't really comment on tread life.

So, what good am I? :confused1: I can tell you that, once you get the suspension adjusted for best steering response, they are both great fun and confidence-inspiring. I would encourage you to try the T32 GTs in stock sizes.
After a day of researching tires, I just pulled the trigger on the Battleax T32 GTs. Ordered from Rocky Mountain ATV for $385 shipped. Should get them Jan 3. Thanks for the input everyone!

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
After a day of researching tires, I just pulled the trigger on the Battleax T32 GTs. Ordered from Rocky Mountain ATV for $385 shipped. Should get them Jan 3. Thanks for the input everyone!
The worst that could happen is you may try another brand next time.

By the time you wear out the Battleax tires it seems everybody has changed everything from profile to compounds, it makes this a good place to ask about preferences on riding and wear, in the past I found some to be aggressive in the tip in, which is my riding style. Looking at the tire profile and wear characteristics in the tire that are coming off are a good way to see how you ride. It helps to decide what you might want.

ATA

Bike
2007 ST1300
By the time you wear out the Battleax tires it seems everybody has changed everything from profile to compounds, it makes this a good place to ask about preferences on riding and wear, in the past I found some to be aggressive in the tip in, which is my riding style. Looking at the tire profile and wear characteristics in the tire that are coming off are a good way to see how you ride. It helps to decide what you might want.
RP4GTs

Attachments

Bike
1994 Honda ST1100
I have the rd6 and rd5 michelin's on my 1994 ST1100 and have been extremely pleased with them. Made a 4900 mile trip last summer and the tires performed exceptionally well in the dry while banking deep into corners in the Pintler, Beartooth, and Bighorn Mtns and were extremely confident in several severe thunderstorms on the same trip. If one looked at the time tires they would be hard pressed to see any signs of the wear other than all the nubs are worn off the tires.

Can anyone remember when tires were an issue in the rain, it sure seems like that isn't a problem anymore. The discussion comes down to wear and riding comfort, when I started riding traction and rain control were the main focus on riding. Lean angles really sucked, tires were easily over ridden then.
What the new tires have become is awesome, I have transitioned into a more diverse attention focus than before. Even the riding gear helps the outlook better. I am watching the situation further out than before in inclement weather.

Top Bottom