Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have been wondering when this type of review would surface, it has happened to every new bike release I can remember. It falls under the category of " you can't please all of the people all of the time". There are too many general statements in this review with no specific information to back them up. It's like one minor aspect isn't right for the rider, so it afects the entire machine. I will reserve my decision as to how this bike would appeal to the way I would use it . I have this on my list to arrange my own test ride ASAP.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Interesting... BUT, a lot of similar comments were stated, and still are, about the ST... yet, I'm pretty darn happy.

If I was ready for a new bike or if I had the money to get a VFR it would be on the top of my list...

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Interesting, especially from the "news" magazine that Brits love to hate.

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
Hehe. It sounds like the bike lacks "character".

Actually, wanting a bike to stir (or rough up) the senses is not an extraordinary demand. I really believe that for some people a bike can be too smooth, accomodating and pleasant.

It seems that MCN is disappointed that the VFR1200 does not satisfy any and all implications put out by the hype-machine preceding the introduction.
"zOMG! It is not faster than a K1300S AND a tourer like a FJR AND as comfortable as a Goldwing! What a disappointment..." :rolleyes:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Somebody should remind Mr. West that just because it's their newest model, the VFR is not Honda's flagship bike.

--Mark

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I would make this analogy: Do you think all women want the perfect man??? Hell no, they want a man less than perfect so they have something to work with/change.

Same thing applies to the girly men who did this review.:D

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
"Damning with faint praise."

This isn't a road test, either, it's a Honda Media Event. MCN is full of it.

I'll reserve opinion 'til I get a chance to swing a leg over, but right now I'm with Joe, it's at the top of my wish list. (Well, the T version when available.)

I said it before so I'll say it again. The MCN or and review for that matter is worthless. When the bike comes out take it for a road test and you make the decision, nobody else matters.

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I'd just file that one away with my other grains of salt. Afterall, he rode it less than two hundred miles. Give it time. :|

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

The reviewer seems to be complaining that this isn't the T model when he says:

""The tank is too small, the switchgear baffling, the instrumentation too basic, the touring accessories not good enough. It shouldn’t be that easy to find fault with a flagship machine.""

Let me see... This is the F model, I'll think I'll just ignore that and complain that this doesn't have the stuff the T model will have and I'll also fail to mention that the T is in the works.

Wonder if this guy complained that the K1300S didn't have the goodies that the K1300GT has?

Bike
2006 St1300
The reviewer seems to be complaining that this isn't the T model when he says:

""The tank is too small, the switchgear baffling, the instrumentation too basic, the touring accessories not good enough. It shouldn?t be that easy to find fault with a flagship machine.""

Let me see... This is the F model, I'll think I'll just ignore that and complain that this doesn't have the stuff the T model will have and I'll also fail to mention that the T is in the works.

Wonder if this guy complained that the K1300S didn't have the goodies that the K1300GT has?
Yeah, I noticed that. Complained it didn't have a big enough tank to tour and then complained it was too little of a VFR and too much of a tourer.

Ya suppose Honda decided he wasn't going to get one to ride around for a year or two for free?

OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Yeah, I noticed that. Complained it didn't have a big enough tank
I've owned 3 VFR's. All three have had bigger tanks than this model does and all of them got better mileage than the 1200 is supposed to. My two 5th generations had/have 5.5 gallon tanks and averaged in the mid to lower 40's for gas mileage. I easily got 200 miles between fillups. My '93 3rd generation only had a 5 gallon tank which caused me to be especially attentive to the gas gauge but it at least got good mileage.

This bike is supposed to be a sport-tourer. A 4.9 gallon tank is just too small IMHO. So as much as I think this was a pretty lame article on the 1200, I gotta agree with him on the tank size.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
The VFR has been Honda's "techno bike" in the past, same here. Honda is showing off some cool gadgets... as reported, they are going to try and keep it as exclusive as possbile :cool:

The next round, VFR1200T, will be the "true" Sport Tourer... :cool:

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
It's not since 1908 that people have been this enthusiastic about the introduction of a Model T. :duck:

I wonder how much weight it will gain to become a "T". Will it end up no lighter than the current ST1300? It would be nice if it is lighter and more powerful. And have a bacon dispenser.

Top Bottom