The honeymoon is over - VFR1200

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
snip

The T model is rumored to have a 9.3 gallon total fuel capacity. 5.5 in the main tank. 2.7 in the frame and the rest in the swingarm. :rimshot1:
With an optional "camelback" style auxiliary fuel cell for you IBA guys......

From what I read so far Honda not only hit the DCT nail on the head they did it with a gold hammer. It would be DCT T for me.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I'm stumped. :shrug2: What's a DCT? Do I need one? How do I get one?

:mcrider: :drool1: :mcrider:

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:
Pete's talking in tongue again. I'll try to translate since I studied tongue in high school.

DCT = Dual Clutch Transmeeshun
T = Not yet available touring model

Bike
GL1800
I think it is some sort of STD..........if you get try some penicillin or double clutch.

I'm stumped. :shrug2: What's a DCT? Do I need one? How do I get one?

:mcrider: :drool1: :mcrider:

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:
Sorry about that, the Dual Clutch Transmission was talked about so much I assumed.

It uses one clutch for the odd gears and one for the even gears. It always has two gears selected based on inputs. If in 3rd it will have 2nd or 4th selected then disengage one clutch while engaging the other and it's done in .5 seconds and seamless.

The only concern I would have is if, through a fault, it tried to engage both clutches. This would be noted as a loud PING :shock: but I'm sure Honda is way ahead of that.

Thanks to the others for the translation.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
The current issue of Motorcyclist reviewed the VFR... gave it 4 out of 5 stars... they liked it :)

They reviewed the 2010 C14 too... :cool:

Bike
'89 Transalp
STOC #
Sorry about that, the Dual Clutch Transmission was talked about so much I assumed.

It uses one clutch for the odd gears and one for the even gears. It always has two gears selected based on inputs. If in 3rd it will have 2nd or 4th selected then disengage one clutch while engaging the other and it's done in .5 seconds and seamless.

The only concern I would have is if, through a fault, it tried to engage both clutches. This would be noted as a loud PING :shock: but I'm sure Honda is way ahead of that.

Thanks to the others for the translation.
"PING"????? I was thinkin' more like sort of a "THUD!" You know, the sound of an ATGATT rider, such as us'ns?, hitting the ground!
Speakin' of DCTs, my '59 Fiat 500 had one of those... any time you desired a lower gear, you HAD to double clutch. Any of the young-uns need a translation, let me know.
:rofl1:

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
"PING"????? I was thinkin' more like sort of a "THUD!" You know, the sound of an ATGATT rider, such as us'ns?, hitting the ground!
Speakin' of DCTs, my '59 Fiat 500 had one of those... any time you desired a lower gear, you HAD to double clutch. Any of the young-uns need a translation, let me know.
:rofl1:
Double dutch... we know what that is :)

Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
This vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5bEV-6lPo shows the new VFR a bit more spirited on the Sugo track than I've yet seen.

They talk funny but wait for the interesting stuff around 3:00-5:00 in the vid, including a small wheelie and a spooky bit of traction loss in one turn

Peppermint Patty, Can you translate the video?
I was able to follow along with some of it - Honda and automatic :rolleyes:
Just kidding about translating.

Bike
'89 Transalp
STOC #
Wow, cool. The spooky traction loss is overshadowed by the fact that the thing must have traction control which almost instantly cut power down for a fraction of a second and brought the rear wheel back into a state of traction. If I live long enough for these babys to be on the used market, I'll be wantin' one real bad!!

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
That wasn't a review is was an editorial.

A review sets expectations and then weighs those expectations to rate the product.

A editorial is a simply statement of feeling based upon usually no standard or explanation.

Last edited:
At the end of the video there is a French guesstimate of price on the specs panel. I'm assuming that this would be the taxed to death French price. Anyway it said Environ 16k euros and Environ 18K euros for the auto. Environ x-lates to "approximately".

I googled for the price of a 2010 ST1300 to try to put the VFR guesstimate in perspective but had no luck. I don't think converting the USA price to Euros would be accurate.

I hadn't seen this posted before - and it has US price guestimates. This author believes it is more a competitor to the K1300S than other bikes he lists. The more I read the more I want to ride one with the DCT.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2010-honda-vfr1200f-review-88873.html

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The French are going to be sorely disappointed with this bike. Their government won't register anything that puts out more than a hundred horsepower.

--Mark

Top Bottom