The honeymoon is over - VFR1200

STOC #
???
I'm sure that Honda has put out another technological marvel. Does it have the cadence of the old 360 degree cranks of VFR's long past? Does it have the mechanical whine of gear driven camshafts? Does the exhaust note sound like the the old VFR at 11,000 rpms? Will it take you anywhere you want to go on pavement, no muss - no fuss?

I rarely get to hear an ST riden like I ride, but recently did get to hear one power up out of a slow corner in the mountains and all I could hear was not exhaust, note but the mechanical goings on of serious torque, and wishing I could hear that in my helmet more often instead of the jet like whistle I often do hear. But that still works for me on a certain level.

Honda has always been knocked for not going to extremes. They save such extremism for the race track. The RC line is a good example. Beauthy is in the eye of the rider. Early on, some people complained about the "face" they saw looking at the tail lights of the 1300. This bike will not be high on my list for a while as it reminds me of the god awful Polaris touring twin. So what if it is a technologically advanced motorcycle? I don't want to have to chew my arm off the morning after a good ride to slip away from it unnoticed.
JMHO
KZ

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Sorry about that, the Dual Clutch Transmission was talked about so much I assumed.

It uses one clutch for the odd gears and one for the even gears. It always has two gears selected based on inputs. If in 3rd it will have 2nd or 4th selected then disengage one clutch while engaging the other and it's done in .5 seconds and seamless.

The only concern I would have is if, through a fault, it tried to engage both clutches. This would be noted as a loud PING :shock: but I'm sure Honda is way ahead of that.

Thanks to the others for the translation.
Thanks for the explanation. Oddly enough my copy of Motorcyclist magazine showed up yesterday with the VFR on the cover and an entire article explaining the DCT, with cutaway pictures. Now I'm totally in the know! ;)

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Top Bottom