The inevitable happened...

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
How 'bout T-shirts?? I've got a buddy with a screen printing company...

Some one's got to have a pic that could be converted to a 1 or 2 color print. We can print them up and sell, proceeds to the site or charity....:p
Yeah, you could put on it: "I Wasn't Able To Keep It Up!" and then have a piture of an ST....:rolleyes:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear that you dropped it. I came very close to dropping it on my ride to Santa Maria last Friday. I wanted to stop and take pictures of the area I was at, so I stopped on the side of the road. I put my kickstand down and found that between the angle of the shoulder and the dirt being way too soft, it wouldn't be a good idea to get off the bike. When I went to straighten the bike up, the bike was WAY OVER to the left. I had a heck of a time righting it, but thank goodness my long legs prevailed and I was able to get it up enough to get moving forward! :wt1:

It was a close one! :eek:

So after almost 27,000 miles so far, I haven't joined the TipOverClub yet! :tts1:

OP
OP
jaster
...but thank goodness my long legs prevailed and I was able to get it up enough to get moving forward! :wt1:
A 29" inseam does have a disadvantage here. Were my legs longer, I probably would not have dropped mine. My leg went down but didn't find pavement until the bike leaned a little more and got some momentum. Oh well, I bought the bike knowing it was a little tall for me but I enjoy the bike anyway. :)

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
I suspect I put the scratch on the bag when I tried to lift the bike the first time. When I put my back into it, I felt the bike scoot an inch or so. If the 'case saver' is that gray piece on the bottom of the bags, then that's what got scratched. I didn't realize it was removable but it's so minor that I'm not concerned about it. It's good to know it's removable & repairable for future reference (hopefully I don't need it).
Hey Jason....no,the case saver is the metal loop that is attached to the frame and has the gray plastic cover below your engine on both sides, don't know about the 95 or 96 but my 97 are held on with fiction push tabs...high & low that snap into the fairing and phillips screws. They are really designed for this very purpose.....aaaah when the bike is GENTLY :eek:: let go to the ground on it's side. I 3rd the motion on T's and agree with what Bob wrote...
Ed :D

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
T-shirt, rev 1. Sorry for the poor quality, can't do too much with M$ Paint (Corel on my other computer!) But this is kinda the idea...

Mooched pic from bygdawg! Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
At least you didnt tip yours over on the Blue Ridge Parkway in front of your wife like I did.

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #
Heck, I've christened both sides of my bike, and one side twice just for the heck of it. To add to the misery, I did it once in a parking lot with the wife on the back in front of a whole bunch of STOC members. I have no pride left. Anytime I start to show any attitude Mellow just reminds me of that incident......<sigh>

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
I did it at work this week. Pulling into the parking lot I usually pull deep into the lot, turn around and then pull up towards the front where I can easily back into a space...

Was just starting my slow speed turn around when I saw a car coming in the mirror. I did what I should NOT have done, I pulled on the front brake! Duh! Immediately went down on the tip over wing. Right in front of a whole bunch of coworkers too.... sigh.

I will never own another bike without these tip over wings!
Here's your TOA...

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
:crackup Like they say if you're going down, leave a big hole.
+1 on the tip over wings they uhmm.. work. I made a grand entrance at the local watering hole....in front of the deck....center stage.. before about 20 people I know.... Can't tell you how heavy it was, I think I picked it up before it stopped moving, just after I turned red and before the applause :)

Heck, I've christened both sides of my bike, and one side twice just for the heck of it. To add to the misery, I did it once in a parking lot with the wife on the back in front of a whole bunch of STOC members. I have no pride left. Anytime I start to show any attitude Mellow just reminds me of that incident......<sigh>

Top Bottom