The last Wineberry mirror covers in existence?

OP
OP
Larry Fine
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #

Larry - That's what I mentioned in my post - but if you notice they are in Europe as I stated which is whole 'nother kettle of fish.
And note there is not a wineberry amongst them ... :biggrin:

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Doesn't anyone ever use CMSNL? They always have stuff for old bikes I need or want. They have a bunch of covers unless $100 is too much to spend, and they are totally legit. I have used them for my '76 and '78 CB550 work, and most recently for two wineberry mirror covers (although I'll happily trade if anyone has the correct red for my '96 that is also new or damn close to new.)

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Doesn't anyone ever use CMSNL? They always have stuff for old bikes I need or want. They have a bunch of covers unless $100 is too much to spend, and they are totally legit. I have used them for my '76 and '78 CB550 work, and most recently for two wineberry mirror covers (although I'll happily trade if anyone has the correct red for my '96 that is also new or damn close to new.)
I've been looking for reds one for a long time as that is a color that is very difficult to get a good match - even using ColorRite products.
Do they sell new stock or used stock?

Last edited:

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
It's all new stuff as far as I know. Actual OEM parts they accumulate from suppliers and dealers all over Europe and maybe beyond. I read the "About Us" but don't recall the details. All I can say is the parts I have received have all had the expected Honda stickers on the package and work as expected, BUT, they do pattern parts like David Silver Spares does when called for. The website indicates pattern parts, though. And the only part I ever ordered that wasn't actually in stock was a small spring thingy that holds the air filter into the airbox, but I never expected to find one and I just use a wooden dowel for my '78. And they usually send you a goofy little key chain with the CMSNL guy who looks like a Euro version of Big Boy, so there's that..

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I know there were supposedly two companies that bought up all the Honda ST1100 parts - one was David Silver Spares and they may have been the other one. I just order wineberry mirror covers from them and I'll see if they ship em or put them on perpetual hold like Partszilla has ... :biggrin:
Thanks!

BTW, AFAIK the 95-96-97 R158P red pearl color never made it to Europe from what I was told.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have been looking for a right mirror cover- same color.. any ideas
As I said I just ordered a couple of wineberry right mirror covers from CMSNL as Smudgemo suggested.
I'll post back here as to how it turns out.
So far, two on order from Partszilla (4 months and waiting), two on order from CMSNL - we'll see what we see! :biggrin:

BTW, for the Red Pearl (R158P) it takes 3 rattle cans at around $45 a piece - red base, red pearl overcoat, clear coat - about $150 with shipping.
IIRC, the Wineberry (R114CU) takes the color and the clear coat.

Bike
VStrom 650
As I said I just ordered a couple of wineberry right mirror covers from CMSNL as Smudgemo suggested.
I'll post back here as to how it turns out.
So far, two on order from Partszilla (4 months and waiting), two on order from CMSNL - we'll see what we see! :biggrin:

BTW, for the Red Pearl (R158P) it takes 3 rattle cans at around $45 a piece - red base, red pearl overcoat, clear coat - about $150 with shipping.
IIRC, the Wineberry (R114CU) takes the color and the clear coat.
I use CMS in the NL quite a bit.
I have recommended them many times on here.
Like you say, wait and see.
Upt'North.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
The problem I am finding with ST1100 parts is that Mother Honda sometimes does not 'flag' a part as discontinued so the online parts companies say you can still get it. Then when you order it, it seems to go into 'perpetual' backorder - after they take our cash. ;) I've ordered the little windshield 'cats eye' rubber grommets - I got one side but I can't get the other side. That order has been on backorder since September 2021. I remember a day when it did not matter how old the Honda was, you could still get parts from Honda. IMHO, when Mr. Honda died and the 'accountants' took over, that all went away. ;)
It appears that when the online parts happens to have stock you get it, if they have to order it from Honda, good luck!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well I am still waiting for my right Wineberry Mirror covers from CMS (ordered 7/10/2022) and PartZilla (3/13/2022).
CMS said they would ship 8/1 and now they are saying there is a 'problem'.
Lovely how both outfits charged my credit card up front and they both said the items were 'in stock' ...
Hmm .... :think1:

Beeflips

(it's me...Greg) Returning some videotapes
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
U.P., There's a 94' locally, wineberry like mine, he's asking $400 for the bike. 130K. leaks coolant. should I pull the trigger on that for a parts bike?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
A 94 that's Wineberry? For $400 and local, I'd be on it like a duck on a June bug!
If the mirrors themselves aren't broken (not the covers), and the rims are in good shape, you've got your costs covered.
If the splines happen to be good and the 40 amp alternator upgrade was done, it is even better!
And anything else you get off it is pure gravy.

Bike
VStrom 650
Well I am still waiting for my right Wineberry Mirror covers from CMS (ordered 7/10/2022) and PartZilla (3/13/2022).
CMS said they would ship 8/1 and now they are saying there is a 'problem'.
Lovely how both outfits charged my credit card up front and they both said the items were 'in stock' ...
Hmm .... :think1:
I am surprised with CMS NL Unc, I've always found them upfront and efficient. But I spose they can all fall flat occasionally. I actually ordered a brake hose bracket off them yesterday, I will wait and see.
Good luck with your hunting.
Upt'North.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I orderd my ST1100 Right Mirror (not the Mirror Cover) from CMSNL last week. Shipped to Canada via FedEx. From Netherland, it went to Memphis, then to Mirabel, in two days.
I received a text message an email, saying I have to pay (online) some taxes and custom fees ( $26 CAD) and it was at my doorstep the next day.

For my Mirror Cover, and engine guard cover, ordered from Hans Motor Parts (Netherlands) I'm still waiting too.

Last edited:
Bike
VStrom 650
I orderd my ST1100 Right Mirror (not the Mirror Cover) from CMSNL last week. Shipped to Caanada via FedEx. From Netherland, it went to Memphis, then to Mirabel, in two days.
I received a text message an email, saying I have to pay (online) some taxes and custom fees ( $26 CAD) and it was at my doorstep the next day.

For my Mirror Cover, and engine guard cover, ordered from Hans Motor Parts (Netherlands) I'm still waiting too.
Christian, never heard of Hans, it seems they have some unobtanium in the cupboard.
Good find. If you get it of course.
Upt'North.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Y'all ever try Boonstra in Holland? They sent me a Euro headlight for short money and reasonable shipping. They are showing reproduction ( and some used) mirror covers. Painting its is no big deal for me, I got friends in low places (bodyshops), but others might balk. Still, price is right for a new part....

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've got mirror covers I could paint but I am trying to avoid that (BTDTGTTS). ;)
I think I covered the issue in post #30 - these places see a part as 'in stock' from Mother Honda and they 'assume' ...
I hope I am wrong about CMS (I was not about Partzilla for they told me as much) but only time will tell.
I've got some Honda parts that have been 'on order' since 10/2021.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Here's the lastest from CMS (sounds awful lot like what I think it is ;)) -

Apologies! Your order has been delayed. Our team is looking in to it. We will shortly update the dispatch information. Should you require immediate assistance please contact the helpdesk.

Top Bottom